I've always been a careless emotionless person and now I feel everything getting to me. Why am I like this?

Constance Durham, LMFT

I am quite compassionate about the work that I do with my clients to help them regain their self-wareness and get through the challenges that keep them from being their best!

Bookloverxoxo
Because you probably suppressed your emotions for so long that now everything is piling up. Allowing yourself to feel things and to express how to feel to people around you that you trust is a great release of built-up emotion, and it will allow you to manage the amount of stuff you have weighing on you at a time. Feeling like everything is getting to you is a common way to feel when you have been used to not feeling typical emotions for so long. However, over time, you will be able to manage this more easily. Expressing your emotions more regularly is a great way to start though!