I've recently been rejected, and I don't know what to do. Please help?

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

DanaMH
Take time to cool off. It can be a good idea to take some time away from someone who has rejected you. Allow yourself to feel all the emotions you feel. Surround yourself with supportive people that want to be around you and care about you since you don't need to be around negative people. Or take time to be alone. Take care of yourself because you are important. Build your self-esteem. Do self-care items to take care of your self. Talk to professionals if needed because they are there to help out and those people care also and are supportive. You are also safe talking to them and some professionals will do role playing with conversations or things going on in your life to help formulate ideas on how you can get through stressful things or will help you figure out some ideas to try.
Anonymous
Being rejected is never the best thing to happen to someone. As if mustering the courage to confess to someone isn't enough, we still have to deal with the possible rejection afterwards. But I guess it's good that now we're rejected, we can find a way to move on from the rejection and I'm so glad that you've came to 7 cups for help! I think it helps to understand the reason that you're being rejected, it gives you a closure. But when the other party isn't so generous to give you a reason, I guess you've to close the chapter and move on yourself. Hang out with your friends, find new friends, occupy yourselves and basically get away from thoughts of the rejection. And cry if you need. crying and expressing your emotions really help. But if you really like them, it's really entirely up to you whether you wanna give this another fight! But if you do, please remember to take care of yourself as well!