People often talk about emotional intelligence but don't actually say how to get it. Is low emotional intelligence associated with depression? How do we stop the stigma?

Melissa Strauss, LPC

I am client focused and believe everyone has a strength. I feel confident in seeing clients with generalized and social anxiety, depression and relational goals.

JusticiaPrimalDorogo
June 2nd, 2020 1:17am
I don't think it is related. Depression is depression, has nothing to do with emotional intelligence because that term relates to how you manage stres levels and interpersonal relationships. Depression is a feeling of its own that represent constant sadness and numbness, so it is a feeling on its own, unrelated to anything interpersonal. Emotional intelligence is by my opinion in corelation with people skills and stres management, not a mental illness. Mental ilnesses are a complete different things. Emotional intelligence is connected to a healthy individual with self awareness, that is lacking when you are sick. So that is that.