What if nothing makes me feel happy anymore?

Brenda King, PsyD

I treat life changes, women’s issues, and issues of aging using evidence-based treatments with healthy doses of warmth, empathy and humor to enhance healing and growth.

BharadwajS
It is a sad feeling indeed, when you feel terrible all the time. But there is nothing that we can do to help you. There is only one thing that can work: Your mindset. I believe that happiness comes from within, and our mindset is chiefly responsible for making us feel happy. You can feel happy too, just focus on the little things in life. Set challenges to yourself and break them. Try talking to someone new everyday. Or just come here to 7Cups - You're guaranteed to leave in a feeling 10x happier than you came in. There are multiple paths to happiness, it is only a matter of removing the mindset that cloaks these from your eyesight, and choosing a path you enjoy!
snugglybubbles8
April 22nd, 2016 2:51am
If nothing makes you feel happy anymore, then try new things. Happiness isn't a destination you can finally reach, its a way of life. You could see the world in a new perspective and maybe it will influence your mood.
Freebirdie
There will always be "what if". I read a quote which says that if you think you can or you can't, either way you're correct. Don't lose hope in yourself.
awesomeSauce124
Then stop doing all the things that don't make you happy and find what you love and what gives your life a purpose and makes it worth loving!
silverAngel86
There will always be something to make you feel happy. The mere fact that you have life, that you have certain things other people may be dreaming, wishing, hoping to have. Happiness comes from within and your happiness shouldn't necessarily be dependant on "external forces"..................Hope I answered your question.
Anonymous
You should discuss it with someone or refer to a center which contains experts about that problem and help you better.
Lil2015
Try to think of an image of you being happy. I know it's not easy and I know that you might not remember how that feeling feels... But if you can remember a time when you thought things were easier.. It could get there again. I'm not saying "try to go back to how things were".... we have to live through the pain to get out of it I believe. No I'm more saying things are different but your feelings of peace and appreciation can come back. Take it one step at the time. First to accept that you are feeling bad/low/not ok is a huge step. Then to try to be present in the moment, to say the truth about how you feel to at least one person., to put your own health first (especially if you are used to always put others first) and then to step by step appreciate the small steps when life feels more smooth or even more exciting. Then one day you might look back and see wow what a huge journey I have made and why did I have to go through that all? Well, when you get to a place where you feel better in yourself you know the steps to get there again, if something knocks you aside. Also, you will be able to help others who feel like you used to. Good luck
gracefulCloud90
It means you are missing something most precious thing which your soul is craving for . Dive deep within your soul search meditate to get closer with your own real self and trust me you will find something worth being happy for :) ... For more help and support don't forget to ask for support am always here to help you :) .
Nati24
It helps me to listen to music or watch funny videos. It doesn't fix my life but it helps me distract myself from what's making me sad and it makes me realize that It's not as bad as I thought. :)
happytohelpyou99
I have felt that before so i can personally relate to it.It's like you're tired of everything and iyou can't feel joy.You could be depressed. I feel you should ponder on the possible causes for your sadness that you are feeling now and tell them to an active listener or a trusted loved one. Alternatively, you could try to find new hobbies and change your perspective of life to be more positive so that some things such as little moments can make you happy again. Do recognise that life sometimes can be dull and it's easy to feel this way. However if it persists,do seek professional help. #staystrong
Shunyata
Try to find happiness in small things, nothing too big. Try to appreciate and enjoy the things you have.
kianaranae0
Try to find something that does. Everyone deserves to feel happiness. No one deserves to feel anything other than unhappy.
Shaddow
Take a good sleep and have a new start. Do things that you have never tried. Something or the other would give you a reason to be happy.
Anonymous
If nothing makes you happy anymore my best advice would be to live for other and the people you care and love for
Dailydaydreama
Life has lots of changes and can surprise us when we least expect it ! The past is yesterday ... Today you have a chance to find what it is that helps your smile shine from inside 😊
Anonymous
If nothing makes you happy anymore, it may be a sign of depression. Talk to your doctor about potentially getting on an antidepressant.
Sparrow263
If you are experiencing this, PLEASE go and speak with a therapist or another certified professional who will be able to help you find happiness in life. I promise you, there's a lot to be found.
midnightemotional
Look for little things that you are grateful for. Did someone offer you a bar of chocolate? Did your favourite band release a new single? Or you could start a project or think of new year's resolutions.
SentimentalSinbad
You search for something that makes you happy. There are a thousand things in this world, one of them is sure to inspire you.
clh2os
Then discover the root cause of why you don't feel that happy. Find something that use to bring you joy and search within your heart as to why it doesn't any longer. Based on your answers, set a goal or a game plan If some one from your past tainted it, then seek how you can forgive or discover closure. Once you can start pinpointing your pain, then you can start jumping those obstacles. Ultimately, if it seems futile--seek professional assistance. Remember, you deserve happiness!
wonderfulhurrane74
Im sure that there are this that make u happy but ur so sad and hopeless, that u have the feeling that nothing is going to make u happy anymore. Maybe someone can make u happy instead of something. Idk
gentleDreamer72
You might have clinical depression. If you feel that you are no longer enjoying your interests/passions in life, you might be suffering from a condition that can be treated with therapy and/or medication. If you think this might be the case, it would be good to talk to your doctor or seek help from a therapist.
CHETAN
Well i have been at that place. There was a time when i felt i have done it all and the things which i haven’t done i had no temptation to do it. Life came to a halt and i felt like reaching a deadlock. I wondered why is that happening to me? Where did i go wrong? Answer came from within that i have been trying to get the happiness from the sources which are temporary and outside of me. The real happiness comes from within, although it’s difficult to achieve. But once achieved it is constant and ever lasting. If you can relate with it, then it’s time for you start your journey within.
Anonymous
Try something new. Try try try. Something eventually will make you happy. Just because you're not happy at this moment doesn't mean that you won't be happy later. :)
- Expert in Managing Emotions
It comes back to the question of where you find your happiness. Your happiness is your responsibility and no one else's. Wise versa others happiness is not your responsibility its theirs. Look for happiness in the small things that matters rather than the big things that doesn't.
AtomicHugs
Then,I suggest that you see a psychiatrist,as you are more than likely to suffer from depression.You see,life is beautiful,you may not be able to see it right now,but I promise you that when you get help,you will be able to see how blue the waters are and how green the trees are.
DaphneRuby
If you find things you enjoy no longer fulfill you, it may be time to seek professional help. Losing interest in activities you used to enjoy and no longer feeling satisfaction from your relationships can be signs of depression.
BrianDH
If nothing is making you feel happy lately, that can mean that you need to look for new things to do, to set as goals and to achieve. There's no harm on trying new activities, new hobbies, new people, etc.
SlowReader55
There's billions of things that have the sole purpose of making people happy. I get happy watching Doctor Who, sure it makes me sad too but it's a TV show and that's how they work. There's something or someone out there who will help you to feel happy again. Giving up isn't going to help them find you. I'm sorry if that wasn't the answer you're looking for. But even I haven't found the thing that makes me completely happy. Someday I will. Someday you will too.
peacefulReeds21
Nothing can make us feel happiness. It comes from inside that we feel happiness for something :-) :-)