What if nothing makes me feel happy anymore?

Brenda King, PsyD

I treat life changes, women’s issues, and issues of aging using evidence-based treatments with healthy doses of warmth, empathy and humor to enhance healing and growth.

readman
Then you are probably having some depressive symptoms and you should focus on dealing with that first. Deal with the source first, deal with the rest later.
calmListener21
Try doing something that makes others happy like your parents, friends or any one needy.This will give you a unique sense of happiness that is rewarding in nature and will make you feel proud of yourself and will help decreasing negativity.
Jake0952838
That is never true. You may have not found something that makes you happy out there, but you will find it!
Anonymous
I would find new interests or no people to go around. Have a day to really figure out who you are and why you are really here on this planet. That would make me find myself again and be happy.
Anonymous
If you feel like nothing makes you feel happy you just haven't found that one thing that's worthy of making you feel the happiest you've ever felt!
StormyAngles18
If nothing makes you feel happy anymore there might be an underline cause for it such as depression. But don't let that get you down continue to look for things to make you happy.
Aida7
This world is so huge that there is always something new to expirence. Happiness can be expirenced.
Anonymous
Find out what is making you feel this way and work towards finding a solution to cope with it. You can also try to find something that makes you happy and over the moon, just find it.
violetskies
thats not true, you can find something! lots of people when the experience low mood get a feeling of pointlessnesses and being bored. It wont be forever!
Miranda1999
Then you should find something that does make you happy! Try and look for a passion or someone who makes you happy :)
Anonymous
Usually there Will be one thing that can intrigue us to excitement,but in rare and odd case like what mentioned in the question ,we must not give up HOPE!.
lockandkey2
Happiness or being happy is a journey. As long as you are well, that is the most important thing. Searching for happiness or being happy is not easy. It's a long process but it's worth the trouble going through hurdles just finding something you're happy with.
Anonymous
If this happens, then one should seek professional help, a psychiatrist and a therapist. If nothing is done at this stage, it could just snowball into something much worse and be that much harder to treat.
Anonymous
There is always something good to look forward to. If you can just find one thing each time you feel sad, you will see all the things that truly make you happy.
DarknessDespairxx
You have to get your emotions out to move on. It's okay that you aren't happy, and i know that it hurts so badly. But someday you're going to feel that spark of joy again. For now, try something new, and figure out why you're upset
McIntosh92
Then that means you no longer see the value in things that you once held dear. Which means that you have to start from the beginning and go back to why these things made you happy and why they no longer do.
incrediblePurple91
If you are feeling like it is difficult to be happy, you should try changing things that you have control of. For example, if you feel as if you are not happy around your group of friends, branch out and see if you can find happiness again with new friends! If you have tried this and it does not seem to be helping, you should look deeper into your struggle with happiness and decide whether or not it is time to see a professional. :)
RoyalTee
If nothing makes you happy, then you may be dealing with depression. Try reaching out to a listener on this website. It can be your first step in facing this ordeal.
MozLovesYah
Introduce a new activity in your life, like learning saxophone, changing your music listening genre, martial arts, etc.
Anonymous
then creat a new hapy thing ... it's impossible that you ran out of good ideas ... you just need to search for it ... find a special hobby .. right songs , poems , stories ,art... share them with a good friend whom you're sure he/she'll cheer you up
Anonymous
January 22nd, 2016 4:47am
Sometimes that may happen. And often times it just means that one needs to look for a new hobby, even though it may be difficult.
expressive2262
Go to the fandom community and try to find a new tv show, movie, or book. Trust me, the people are amazing and you can meet lifetime friends.
electricHug43
Do something that you'll never think of doing :) have a change in your routine and explore your surroundings more :)
Anonymous
Everyone has the capacity to find something they love and that makes them happy. Try things! Go on an adventure, there's so much to do. The truth of the matter is, it can be really hard, but it's such a beautiful thing worth fighting for - something you love. You may feel like nothing makes you happy, but there is always something out there. It's a beautiful world, just try your best to stay hopeful and find what makes you happy. Because ultimately, YOU are what makes the world as beautiful as it is, so stay hopeful, it's out there somewhere. Much Love, HopefulHeartss
MariaFC
I find it helps to do a run down of obvious physical things that could be causing me to feel like nothing cheers me up: do I need food, sleep, exercise or to chat to a friend? Have I taken any medication I'm on? Then I move to asking myself if I'm having unusual stress - problems in work, family, health, that explains why I may be feeling low. If I find a reason, I can acknowledge that it's reasonable to feel low under stress and do something caring for myself. If I can't find any obvious reason and it doesn't pass within a day or so, I'd start considering talking to a doctor and investigate whether there might be a clinical reason for it.
Anonymous
Eventually you will find something or someone that makes you happy, don't lose hope. The moment you lose hope everything seems so out of reach, choose to be happy.
Anonymous
How can it not? Things we see are not what we see if is just how you house to see. Surrounding yourself with sunshine people and things may help.
Maheen
If nothing make us feel happy anymore then we try to engage in other interesting activities rather then our daily routine work...😃
Anonymous
Start looking into new experiences Find a new hobby to try or go to new places with friends & Family
ahoyanita
Impossible!! Theirs a world full of possibilities! And you just haven't got to yours yet. So please stay for it to happen.