Whenever somebody wants to be my friend or compliments me, I can't deal with it. I don't like when anyone even looks at me. Why do I push people away?

Halayma Khatun, M.A Theology(U.K, UAE), Diploma With Distinction in Counseling

Compassionate, patient, experienced depression counselor. I use Psychodynamic counseling techniques. My counseling experience is +8 years, I counsel women.

anomalicious
It sounds like you may be experiencing social anxiety, I would suggest talking to a guidance counselour or therapist to find ways to manage it. Talking to people online or via text can also help because you'll have more control of the situation. You can slowly become more comfortable with others by communicating with them in a controlled environment first.
futuristicRoses
People think you're amazing and wonderful and you have something special about you that attracts people to you. Be more confident when people approach you or want to be your friend. It helps to view yourself in that same light that everyone else views you in. Good luck & Remember you are awesome!
Maridas
You are the expert on you. You're the only one that is going to know the reasoning. It is normal to not always believe what others say, good or bad, but it isnt your opinion that is being spoken. It's theirs! And if they think you look great then so be it. You dont have to agree with them :)
beautifulDay84
Often when we have been hurt in the past, or are battling the abandonment demon that lurks deep inside of us stemming from something that happened to us in childhood we tend to push people away. The thought being that if we don't let people close to us, they can't hurt us. When we are struggling with abandonment issues we are also dealing with feelings of not being worthy or being inadequate. We don't deserve the attention of someone else, so we don't know how to handle it. What you need to know is that you are worthy of having someone genuinely want to pay attention to you and be your friend. It can be scary and at first, the first person may do the same thing that someone in the past did, but know that it isn't you. It is not that you are not worthy. It is that they don't know how love or care for another person. Don't let that experience impact the next chance you have to make a friend. You can be guarded at first, take it slow... but getting to know someone and letting them get to know you is worth the risk.