Why can't I share my emotions?

Parvathy Venugopal, MSc in Clinical psychology

Life is chaotic and you need to rest if you're tired. I am here to help you relax until you are ready to start over again.Your mental health is priority, so is your happiness.

YourBoiGray
Sometimes sharing our emotions can be incredibly hard. For some this can come from uncertainty regarding how they are feeling and thinking. Others can feel discouraged to share as this can be interpreted as admitting what some people see as "weakness". To shy away from opening up about your vulnerabilities can be based on past experiences. You may have tried to share in the past only to be ignored or told that your problem isn't good enough to be affecting you. To share thoughts and feelings that are representative of insecurity, disappointment and sadness comes with time and self-acceptance. For further support you can communicate with any of the listeners or online therapists on our site about what your experiencing anonymously. There are mindfulness exercises and self-help guides on managing emotions on our site. Community support groups are also available where you can communicate with those who may be able to connect with your experience. Sometimes knowing other individuals are in the same boat as you can normalise your experience. I wish you the best of luck in the changes you make in your life!