How can I achieve my goals and be there for important situations such as exams without a panic attack making me miss it?

Halayma Khatun, M.A Theology(U.K, UAE), Diploma With Distinction in Counseling

Compassionate, patient, experienced depression counselor. I use Psychodynamic counseling techniques. My counseling experience is +8 years, I counsel women.

Anonymous
if you feel like you're about to have a panic attack drink some water and do some breathing exercises like breathing into a paper bag or you can do some counting 1 1000, 2 1000, 3 1000 for about a good minute
LilyFlowers
Well if panic attacks are the cause of your problems, then understanding how to cope or heal from panic attacks is the solution.
Anonymous
Just breathe and try to relax :). Have a positive mind throughout the exam or whatever situation you're in. Think of what makes you happy.
Anonymous
You can achieve your goals and be there for important situations with out a panic attack making you miss it by calming down an believing in yourself. Tell yourself "you got this!" And "it's okay, I'll do fine" and only positive thoughts. Push the negative out with the positive. And, breathe! It will all be fine
Perhaps speaking with a counselor or therapist who can help you to sort out your feelings can help you to push through those trying times if you feel like its something that interferes with your everyday life.
Anonymous
Making sure you are prepared for the exam will help you feel less stressed about the situation. Make sure you are studying enough, but not too much as you will make yourself tires and even more stressed. Also know (to the extent that is applicable) exactly what topics you need to be revising, so you are not wasting time on things you will not need for the exam.