How come even though I'm only slightly overweight, I always wake up every morning dreading gym class?

Shruti Naik, MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy

I'm passionate about providing a non-judgmental & supportive platform to my clients to help them understand & accept themselves & overcome any emotional issues troubling them.

Anonymous
Because you are your own worst enemy. No one else will ever judge you harder than you judge yourself
therapinto
Just a few minutes before bed, think about waking up to your alarm and feeling energized. Then, imagine getting ready and having a great workout. If you can do that regularly, it’ll only help you see yourself as someone who likes working out in the morning. And then you can make it a reality!
LilyFlowers
Do you mean because the physical exertion is exhausting? It has nothing to do with your weight, it has everything to do with how use to your body is to moving around and being active. It's going to be a drag to anyone who's not active.
Anonymous
I go through the same thing every day that I have gym class! It might be feeling self conscious (even if you don't feel like so) about how you will look doing the activities, or what people will think. It could also be anxiety of having to be around so many people.
Anonymous
Diet and exercise gi hand in hand. You may not be very overweight however, if your eating habits are unhealthy you your energy levels will be poor. The better you eat the the easier your workout will be.
If you are having a negative self-body image perhaps you can seek advice from a trusted person, family or friend. You can always speak with a healthcare provider on how to incorporate good, healthy food choices and activities into your life to help keep you fit and active and perhaps keeping you more confident.
heartfulleigh60
Perhaps there is some subconscious pressure, external or elsewhere, to perform the way others are, or the way you "should be." Try to examine where that underlying pressure or voice is coming from, and ask yourself whether or not it's realistic. Gym class is hard regardless of physicality. It's a stomping ground for competition on every level; all the more reason to emphasize begin kind to yourself.
Anonymous
Gym class might not be fun enough. There is no point in the gym class if you aren't enjoying it. Try out physical activities that you like, so that working out won't be like a chore.
PaleRose12
You probably dislike it that is something we have in common but it healthy to exercise so even though you dislike its important to try.
Anonymous
I felt the same way. I suppose for me, I felt that going to the gym was an obligation to be healthy and not a way for me to take care of my body. Also, media's portrayal of people going to the gym discouraged me since I felt that I didn't fit the "gym look". In order to combat this, I shifted my mentality regarding my appearance. I stopped labeling myself as "slightly overweight" and started seeing myself as a human body that needs nourishment and exercise in order to carry out my daily activities. Once I shifted my mentality, I stopped dreading going to the gym.