How do I choose my safe foods?

Australia

Lauren Brody, Bachelor in Psychological Science, Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychology

I work in supporting individuals in reclaiming their lives from overwhelming thoughts and emotions and help them to take control

You can always seek the help of a Registered Dietitian to help you incorporate smart choices into your life that are best for you and your situation.
Anonymous
If you have a Doctor you work well with, that might be a good place to start. A Nutritionist could also be a valuable resource in this situation, in my understanding.
bestTruth96
You do not choose you safe foods. Your eating disorder chooses you safe foods. If your eating disorder is active it may choose different safes as time goes on. Your eating disorder makes up rules that you much follow. Know when to see the difference: you vs your eating disorder.
BrokenTeaCup
If you're talking about for healthy eating and you're struggling with an eating problem of any kind, then I would just do a little research. Depending on what you're looking for, for you to get better/healthy. You could even see an Nutritionist for it to if it's to bad or if you just want extra help. By the way it's great you're reaching out :) It's hard, but you can do it :)
greenJOHN1971
Personally, I have foods that are triggers that if I have in the house. I just can't not eat one chip. I have to eat the whole bag, so I just don't buy them. If there are foods like that which you can easily recognize, then those should be avoided. It's good that you are willing to talk about this. Have you considered seeing a nutritionist that could work out a plan specific to your situation?
Anonymous
Things with a high calorie intake such as fatty foods and also foods like sweets that are high in sugars are good in moderation but can be surprisingly detrimental, not only your physically health but also your mental being. They also put huge stress on the mind which can be a huge factor of having a panic attack, or it could also be the main factor of having one first in the place.
Hysterria
Choosing safe foods is definitely something you can work 1-on-1 with a therapist, doctor, or other health professional. Rating foods on an anxiety scale of 1-10, writing down thoughts and emotions before and after, etc. can really help you decide what feel safe.