I faint but still conscious during some of my panic attack. Is this normal or is it something to be concerned about?

Kimberly Claudat, PhD

I'm a cognitive-behavioral therapist, here to support you in learning skills to cope with depression, anxiety, and painful emotions through a collaborative approach.

SilentSerenityy
Fainting from panic attacks is not a normal reaction and could be a sign of an underlying health condition or problem. Fainting of any kind is usually a cause for concern so I would recommend that you visit a doctor about it. Maybe when you are experiencing a panic attack, you can sit down and take some deep breathes, maybe try some meditation to calm yourself down. Also making sure you are keeping yourself hydrated and eating enough could reduce the chance of you passing out when you do have a panic attack. Please take good care of yourself!