What are the main symptoms of panic attacks?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

Anonymous
Feeling like you need air. Sweat Fast Heart Beating Dizziness Fuzzy sight Thoughts of death Nothing make sense.
Anonymous
Well their are symptoms for diffrent people. But for many it is a speeding up of you heart and breath. Somtimes you can get shaky and dizzy.
kthepoet13
Panic attacks can have several different symptoms. Initially you think of hyperventilating, hysterical crying, that sort of thing. Still, panic attacks begin when your brain is convinced that it is in danger. Due to this, your "flight-or-fight" response is triggered. In other words, it really depends on the situation on which symptoms show up. Sometimes it's having trouble breathing, shaking, rapid heart beat. While some people may experience a rapid heart beat, sweating, becoming pale and just freezing in place. It really just depends on the person and the situation.
StormyAngles18
The main symptoms of panic attacks are... 1)sweaty palms/hands 2)fast heart rate/pulse 3)heavy and fast breathing 4) shakiness 5)sweating
Anonymous
Spike in adrenaline, fear or stress in no prewarning if this was not the first PA. Regular medications are not effective, a benzodiazapam will help calm the attack. Racing thoughts and psychosis are accomanied during and after a PA. Heart palpatations are prevelant and so are thoughts of dying from the PA.
Cass14idy
Sweaty palms Shaking Raspy breathing Crying Confusion Those are some that I have experienced when I have a panic attack
Anonymous
You feel:Short and rapid of breathes, constricted chest, hight levels of anxiety, sweaty, rapid heart beat
violetskies
dizziness, hyperventilation, fear, shakiness, crying, thats they kind of thing i experienced and i know those are common symptoms, a lot of people also get the feeling in particular situations (i got them in lines when buying things in shops)
radiantFlute19
Increased Heart rate. Sweating. Anxiety. Feels like your chest is caving in. Shaky. Uncontrollable crying. Tense muscles.
Anonymous
For me, I either completely shut down and don't talk or move, or I hyperventilate, cry, and go numb. Accompanied by 'thoughts of doom.'
Jennalovely2
Heart palpitations, sweating, trembling/shaking, tightness in chest (hard to breath), feeling nervous and or scared.
Anonymous
Some of the symptoms of a panic attack are Shortness of breath or hyperventilation. Heart palpitations or a racing heart. Chest pain or discomfort. Trembling or shaking. Choking feeling. Feeling unreal or detached from your surroundings. Sweating. Nausea or upset stomach.
gentleDreamer72
Trouble breathing, chest pain, the feeling of your throat closing up, hyperventilating, and sometimes shakiness
AD20
-Shortness of breath or hyperventilation. -Heart palpitations or a racing heart. -Chest pain or discomfort. -Trembling or shaking. -Choking feeling. -Feeling unreal or detached from your surroundings. -Sweating. -Nausea or upset stomach.
Millie1912
January 1st, 2016 10:56pm
Palpitations of the heart, sweating, chest pain, shortness of breath, trembling or shaking, nausea or upset stomach
TinyMermaid
January 2nd, 2016 12:36am
From my personal experience, i'd say obviously an overwhelming amount of a panic feeling which is kind of like fear, heart racing/Difficulty in breathing, very tensed up muscles and the need to "get away" from whichever situation you are currently in. Although a lot of people can have more, less, or different symptoms.
GiaAid
January 2nd, 2016 3:21pm
Panic attacks symptoms vary between different people. The most commonly shared ones are the shortness of breathe, shaking or trembling, sweating, feeling like you have an upset stomach, possible chest pain. Aside from the physical symptoms, mental symptoms feel like you're detached in your situations and you need to get out. If you feel like you have these symptoms it is important to get help so you can deal with these.
FirmThoughts
January 2nd, 2016 5:48pm
Sudden fear, palpitations, hand-shaking, and nervousness. Almost sufferers, feel that unexpected event will be disastrous and terrifying.
arthurka
January 2nd, 2016 6:31pm
Sweating, shaking, heart palpitations, nausea, difficulty breathing, hot flashes, feelings of dread or a feeling of oncoming doom.
CharmingEmily99
January 3rd, 2016 5:02am
-Trouble breathing or hyperventilating - Increased heart rate - Thoughts that cause a sense of panic - Dizziness
chanelellierhea5
In my experience and from what I have heard from others, the main symptoms of a full blown panic attack are the following: shortness of breath or hyperventilation, a racing heart, chest pain or discomfort, trembling or shaking, feeling unreal or detached from your surroundings, nausea, upset stomach.
TheForce19
Shortness of breath, heart palpitations/racing heart, trembling/shaking, nausea, upset stomach, dizzy/lightheade/faint, and chest discomfort. These are just some of the common symptoms.
Doc3Mar
For me its flashbacks, hyperventilation, rapid heart rate, and shaking. I've thrown up maybe 2 or 3 times. Afterwards I just feel completely exhausted like I just ran a marathon.
Definitelynoprincess
Feeling like you can't breathe, not being able to control your emotions. Personally I also get a weird symptom where I feel like everything touching me is a bother, and if I'm safe and alone all my clothes comes off till I calm down. It's frightening but you can get past it.
Amanda0722
When you experience a panic attack, you might start shaking and hyperventilating. Feeling like you have to force yourself to breathe or become as small as possible
friendlyUnicorn16
It's different for some people, but you usually can't breathe, your mouth gets really dry and you can get chest pain. Also, you sweat a lot.
Kelleyd83
Shortness of breath, heart palipations, extreme fear and anxiety about something that may or may not be true or actually happening.
handinhand07
having a hard time breathing, or heavy breathing, sweating excessively, shaking, fainting, and being hypersensitive
wanderingthroughmylife
The main symptoms are; shaking, crying, shortness of breathe, heightened senses and, of course panic
bruisedbutnotbroken
Quick breathing, a pain in your chest, maybe some cold sweats? Sometimes, you'll find yourself caving in on yourself (physically) and you just need to relax and slow your breathing.