Why can't I assure myself that everything is okay?

Jessica Kell, LPC-S NCC CDC-I

Life spares no one hardship. It's why I offer skills, tools, & wisdom gathered in 10+yrs. of work as a Therapist to help you navigate yours. Lets do this together! I can help.

Anonymous
because some people tend to believe that nothing will ever be okay. they believe that there will always be something that prevents there happiness and that's why they cam never assure themselves that everything is okay
LilyFlowers
Maybe everything is not ok. and that's perfectly fine. Trying to fight against ourselves and force ourselves to be ok when we aren't isn't a very nice thing to do. Not being ok is perfectly ok. It's just not ok to force ourselves to be ok. Let be what is and don't try to force what is into something else.
Anonymous
I can't assure myself that everything is okay because if have lost my faith in God! As my Faith is restored, so will be my sense of well-being.
Anonymous
I think its really hard to assure ourselves that everything is okay without that external validation, the old "proof is in the pudding." Feeling okay is so much easier when we can actually see that everything is okay, whether its money in the bank account, family/friend situations going smoothly, work/school sailing on easy waters. But sometimes we have little control in the world around us, but we can control what we do and the decisions we make and we can feel certain that we can feel okay in what we can control.
It depends on the situation you are in and what you are feeling about it. Sometimes its hard to put things into perspective when you feel like you are going through something. If you are having a difficult time, perhaps speaking with somebody you trust can help.
Anonymous
Because sometimes we need someone that we trust to tell us that everything is okay. It's difficult to rationalise your own internal thoughts.
Anonymous
because today everything may not be okay but soon everything will be okay. so to be happy now we must assure overselves.
Anonymous
Well... not everything is always okay. You should always know that even though things aren't okay now, they can be in the future. Try to focus on the positive, but don't ignore the negative either. Solve your problems the best you can, and celebrate when they work out. If it doesn't work out, try out a different angle! Hope this helps :)
Anonymous
You can't assure you will be okay at times because a previous negative event that has impact you or something someone has told you that made you feel it won't be okay.
Anonymous
Sounds like you have trouble believing yourself. Try reminding yourself of all the times you were right and were happy about it.