How do I get my mom do stop yelling at me?

Israel

Tali Weiser, M.A DRAMA THERAPY

Therapist

I am a social worker and drama therapist emphasizing deep relationship and a dynamic approach.I believe that therapeutic relationship is a ground for new positive reflections

Anonymous
We can't really change the other person but we all can bring few positive changes in ourselves. Firstly, try to know the reasons behind why your mom does that. Is it because she's herself that stressed? By knowing that you can try to help her in little things as everyone needs help. Also, have a open conversation with her & tell her what you feel when she yells at you. And how you can improve those things together. You need to focus on yourself too. Realize that someone's words can't change your identity. I'm glad that at least you know how you deserve to be treated & trust me it is a big thing. Just try to be with your mom, love her, explain your points to her clearly. You have to believe in yourself. Hope it helps :)
piercetheaiden
The best way to is to try communicating with your mom. Let her know how the yelling is affecting your mental health and tell her any other way it is affecting you. The best way to have this conversation with your mom is when you have it prepared and you are able to sit down and be open and fully honest with her. If the yelling continues, it may be best to have someone intervene and help. Therapists are a great option since they are there to support you and make sure that you are having healthy interactions with your family and friends.