I'm becoming a teen mom. What do I do and where can I find some good support?

Alex DS Ellis, MA, LMFT

Feeling depressed or anxious can be so overwhelming. I want to help you feel better and be able to enjoy life. You are not alone and you deserve emotional support.

Anonymous
Am I late? Probably. But remember how you were raised. Combine it with what you think is best for your child as a mother and what you wish your parents would have done differently. Don't swear around them, don't smoke, do drugs, etc. Be patient. Don't hit them when they grow older. I've watched kids growing up being screamed at and cursed at. It doesn't help anyone. Your going to be great. Remember, no one has had training on being a real mom. It's a one time thing and every child is different. I personally wouldn't ever send them to nursery or preschool or daycare things. I feel like that's one thing you shouldn't do. Spend as much time with them as possible. You got this.