What are some ways to keep a toddler entertained in the colder months?

Danielle Gonzales, PsyD

Hello! My name is Dani, I am a Psychologist and registered Psych Assistant. I have a passion for helping a different types of clients from all diverse backgrounds!

Krista1597
Toddlers can be very difficult and I do not know what you have or see as acceptable. If you have money (depending on where you are) maybe an indoor park to run around in, some malls that I live near have indoor toddler paradise, playing games like hide and go seek in the house, buddle the young one up tight and have a 20 minute recess outside, or television and other electronics with time to take a break as well.
Anonymous
I have a three year old. Some things shd enjoys are dancing; we’ve put tape on the floor to make “roads” for her cars and trains; she’s allowed to jump on her bed and on the couch because she’s that full of energy; open-ended toys such as blocks and magna-tiles will keep her occupied for some time. And yep, I totally utilize DVDs and Netflix!
Most toddlers have a rather short attention span so try varied activities and even venturing out for short periods of time. Shopping, even just food shopping can be a source of entertainment, meeting other parents with toddlers might work.
Ar2018
I love to create sensory bins and swap out the subject and sensory material, finger painting too and if you are not into the "mess" then you can fill clear zip lock bags with the colors/tape them down and let the children "paint" with the bags-its another sensory activity, we cook together even toddler ages.....great to teach since and math as well as cause and effect, hop scotch in the house or indoor area with tasks rather then numbers ( spin in a circle/quack like a duck etc...), trips to the library and also scavenger hunts
Anonymous
Soft toys. Lots and lots of soft toys, keep your toddler warm. Play with your toddler along side, its the best time to be all warm and cuddly. Enjoy every moment before he/she grows up. Make pillow castles and use all the soft toys as guards, use fairy lights for more fun (be careful while using those around toddlers).Get some Luke warm chocolate milk (if possible) for occasional drinks. Play hide and seek with them inside the house. And of course, board games and video games are always a good option for all seasons. Good luck for the winters. :)