What are some ways to keep a toddler entertained in the colder months?

Terri McDermott, LCSW

If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, I'll partner with you to improve your mood and your life in a nonjudgmental and supportive way.

Krista1597
Toddlers can be very difficult and I do not know what you have or see as acceptable. If you have money (depending on where you are) maybe an indoor park to run around in, some malls that I live near have indoor toddler paradise, playing games like hide and go seek in the house, buddle the young one up tight and have a 20 minute recess outside, or television and other electronics with time to take a break as well.
Anonymous
I have a three year old. Some things shd enjoys are dancing; we’ve put tape on the floor to make “roads” for her cars and trains; she’s allowed to jump on her bed and on the couch because she’s that full of energy; open-ended toys such as blocks and magna-tiles will keep her occupied for some time. And yep, I totally utilize DVDs and Netflix!
Most toddlers have a rather short attention span so try varied activities and even venturing out for short periods of time. Shopping, even just food shopping can be a source of entertainment, meeting other parents with toddlers might work.
Ar2018
I love to create sensory bins and swap out the subject and sensory material, finger painting too and if you are not into the "mess" then you can fill clear zip lock bags with the colors/tape them down and let the children "paint" with the bags-its another sensory activity, we cook together even toddler ages.....great to teach since and math as well as cause and effect, hop scotch in the house or indoor area with tasks rather then numbers ( spin in a circle/quack like a duck etc...), trips to the library and also scavenger hunts