Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do I do if I have sexual feelings for my children?

12 Answers
Last Updated: 05/15/2018 at 12:37pm
1 Tip to Feel Better
United States
Moderated by

Danielle Johnson, MSED, Community mental Health Counseling, LMHC

Licensed Professional Counselor

Sometime situations and feelings can be so strong that we struggle to function. You are not alone! My practice is flexible and open-minded and tailored to your personal needs.

Top Rated Answers
December 21st, 2014 4:37pm
If you are having sexual feelings for your children you must realize that any kind of sexual contact with them is illegal and can cause them serious emotional harm. If you find that your impulse to touch them in a sexual way is overwhelming then call a friend or relative and ask them to come over. Seek counseling or psychotherapy as soon as possible.
November 5th, 2014 9:04pm
Some of those kinds of feelings are within the normal spectrum of affection. A lot depends on the ages of your kids and exactly what kind of feelings. My recommendation would be to talk to a therapist about it and not to beat yourself up over it.
April 18th, 2015 4:15pm
If you have sexual feelings for your children, please get help from a professional. How do you know that you will not act upon these feelings at some time? I am not saying this is your fault. You could have an addiction of some kind. I am not a doctor, but please get help right away. Also, when you have these thoughts, please remove yourself from your children and go get help or talk to someone. You do not want your children children to be in danger. The fact that you came here to ask this question proves that you are brave and you want help and you do not want to hurt them. I wish you the best and please always remember to protect your children and get professional help if you can. Thank you so much for your honesty. Others may have a similar question, but you were not brave enough to ask.
July 25th, 2015 1:50pm
If you have sexual feelings for your children you need to immediately go seek some professional help because it's not right in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Clearly you know that it's wrong because you are asking for help, so that's good first step, but if you feel like you will get the urge to use those feelings with your children, stay away from them until you can get better. This is not healthy at all.
July 20th, 2015 1:11pm
Perhaps talk to a therapist, sometimes we have such strong emotions for the people we love that all emotions can mix and match and get confused.
November 2nd, 2014 7:19pm
Probably seek professional help, no offence :P They probably know more than average internet "troll". If you recognise the problem that is a Big first step of solving it . You cud spend some time every day in nature , taking a walk and thinking about a deeper reason. Good luck , much love :)
December 3rd, 2014 1:59am
Hmm this could cause a lot of dysfunction and instability in your household. I think consulting a therapist who is an expert in sexual trauma or similar would be very helpful to sort out how you feel!
July 20th, 2015 9:56pm
Seek professional help as soon as possible . I highly recommend sharing these feelings in a respectable manner to your spouse to ensure the Saftey of your children .
May 17th, 2016 1:06am
Its good if you could seek some counseling help as this is not a positive feeling and might effect your relationship with your children as a family. They are your children and they trust you and respect u as a parent, do the same for them.
May 15th, 2018 12:37pm
As parents we have close physical relation with our children that are normal. If you feel that your feelings are more of a sexual nature consult a professional.
December 18th, 2014 3:06am
You can look for an expert in this issue, a psycologist is a person who can listen and don't judge.
December 27th, 2014 2:13pm
Please do not be scared. Speak directly with your doctor. They will be able to guide you to an appropriate person to speak with.