Do you usually pass out when you have a ptsd panick attack ?

Brittany Kelley, MSW, LCSW

I am a psychodynamically trained clinical social worker. I find assisting women and families through difficult times an extremely rewarding and collaborative process.

MonicaAlyce
When it comes to a P T S D panic attack I do not pass out. Through out the panic attack my shortness of breath and pounding heart makes me feel like I am about to have a heart attack but I have learned how to slow my breathing, refocus, and eventually calm myself. Some are harder than others, but eventually I am able to get it together and calm my nerves and breathing. I have had a few instances in the past where I did feel like I was going to pass out but I have never had that experience.
Hanaa00
I guess this is a very individual and subjective experience, but I can speak for myself, with this given disclaimer. As far as my own experience goes, while in a panic attack, feelings and experiencing the surroundings can get overwhelming to the point where my mind is almost not in control of my body, which later on results in me not remembering what happened exactly, and relying on what people inform me of without being able fo recollect those memories and experiences. It all depends on the intensity of the panic attack though, and some things that go with that.