How do I know if I've been molested as a child or if my mind isn't just creating false memories?

Danielle Johnson, MSED, Community mental Health Counseling, LMHC

Sometime situations and feelings can be so strong that we struggle to function. You are not alone! My practice is flexible and open-minded and tailored to your personal needs.

Wallflower003
January 22nd, 2019 10:38pm
You know, I have struggled with this question myself a lot lately. I thought, oh that's not what that was, or am I sure it wasn't meant a different way. I had to dig deep, and it made me feel miserable. I was making excuses for my molester, by calling them false memories. There wasn't anything false, it all happened. I remembered it, didn't I? If you need, look up what molestation can look like in different cases, maybe compare it your experiences. If you're feeling a certain way, I'm sure you know the answer yourself. I'm sorry you're going through this, and I'm sorry you feel this pain.