I know I have to “feel my trauma to heal”, but when does that feeling turn into healing?

Jamitia Wilson, MS, LAC

I believe that true healing occurs when one is able to honestly express how one feels about himself/herself and the world. I would be honored to support your healing change.

Anonymous
So I'm not sure what trauma you've been through, but I'm so sorry that you had to experience it. You are so strong to persevere and continue pushing on in life. Recovering from trauma is a different experience for each person, so be patient with yourself and your trauma will gradually heal. And remember, it's okay to feel those negative emotions and express them in a healthy manner (whether it be on 7 cups, to a therapist, or a trusted friend or family member). Sometimes certain traumas take years to get over, and it's okay if those feelings of fear and pain come up every so often. You just need to remember that the trauma and pain was in the past and remind yourself you have people around you that can support and lift you up in life.