I was emotionally abused by my ex. I lost my sex drive and self confidence with him. Now I'm trying to have a healthy sex life with my new gf, but my sex drive isn't the same and I stress/get anxious?

Veronica Wade-Hampton, LPC

I enjoy working with individuals of all capacities as I view the role of therapist as one in which you help the client learn to cope with the pressures of daily life.

Anonymous
I think the best thing to do is talk about it to your new partner. It can never get better unless you are willing to open up, because otherwise you will never be truly comfortable. Try talking it over, and take all the time you need, it’s nothing to be ashamed of, and these things take time! Often speaking about the things that make us insecure feels daunting and often scary, but trust me, it gets better with every step forward you take, and speaking is a BIG step forward. Try new and different things, and ease yourself into it.