I was physically and verbally abused by my mother. I've been having bad dreams about it constantly. What do I do?

Nora MacQuarrie, MEd

Calgary counselling psychologist assisting clients in times of stress, change, loss, worry, sadness, confusion, distress, and crisis.

JohnnyTruant
Your mind is trying to tell you that it is time to start dealing with and processing the trauma you endured. You engaged in a coping mechanism in one form or another to help you survive and you may now be in a place where it is safe enough to heal. Start taking the steps to heal in any way you can (finding a therapist, talking to someone you feel safe/close with, reading books/articles on the subject, etc.). If you have close family members it may be a good idea to discuss it with them as well or to get others out of harms way if you weren't the only victim.