I was sexually abused as a kid by a family friend. I've hidden it for a long time, also from myself. Now I want to meet that guy to maybe start healing. I was wondering is this a good idea?

Melissa Hummelt, LMHC

I am passionate about empowering others, creating awareness around difficult situations, and ultimately supporting people in creating meaningful lives and relationships.

politeBlueberry47
It’s not the best idea and it’s not the worst. It’s not that your looking to meet him. You want and need closure. He hurt you and you want to know his reasoning and how he feels about this. You should tell someone. The first step in healing is to speak out. Just be careful if you meet face to face. You have no idea of what he is truly capable of doing to you. Your safety is the most important thing. And just remember it’s not your fault he is the sick one who needs help. Good luck! You should really tell a friend your close to that is a step in the right direction