Something traumatic happened to me, should I tell my friends?

Amelia Winsby, PsyD

I often work with clients who experience a wide range of emotions and difficulties. I am non-judgmental and enjoy working with individuals from all walks of life.

Missingperiodsandcommas
You don't have to tell anyone unless you want to. It's up to you but I suggest if you do decide to share that it's with someone you trust. Family and friends are there to support you and support can help in the process of healing. Decide when you're ready but don't feel pressured.
tranquilbear14
March 3rd, 2020 3:17am
Traumatic experiences have a lot of impact in our lives. Sometimes it is difficult to share this kind of experience with someone, but if you want to do it you can as it can prevent you from bottling things up and it can help you accept what happened. The more you talk about it, there is going to come a time when you can share that experience without feeling sad or crying, meaning that you have healed and it doesn't hurt you anymore. Go for it it if you feel comfortable and prepare, no pressure. I hope it goes well.