Was the event that I experienced traumatic enough to leave me with PTSD?

Tim Van Rheenen, M.A., LMFT

I will work to help you get unstuck. Together we will apply methodologies that work to find freedom from trauma, sexually addictive behaviors, and relational problems.

JJi
Any event that is traumatic to you, can cause you PTSD. It depends on your own standard of harm. Some people handle things differently than others.
Anonymous
People process events differently. Two siblings can experience the same event and one will develop PTSD while the other processes it like a normal memory. There are many factors that play a part in that. To answer your question, it depends on how you processed it. There are online ptsd quizes you can take for free. You'd still have to talk to a professional for the official diagnosis.
sillyseraph002
I don't know what happened to you but, yes, it is possible. PTSD ususally identified by the impact that you have experienced in your day to day life after the event. PTSD has a few varieties, with differing levels of severity though. if you are worried that you just don't quite fit the PTSD profile, it could be "lower grade" version of it, so to speak, although those acronyms are not as well known the general populace. talk to a therapist if you are concerned. what matters Is getting yourself back to a state where you can enjoy life, not what set of letters describes your broken state. good luck ♡ :)