Why my therapist thinks im lying when i talk about my trauma?

Sandra Butler, AOD, DV counselor

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Experienced in understanding how emotions and feelings affect our lifes in every aspect of interacting, not just with others, but how we process those emotions. I can help you

ErinKay
This is a tough question to answer. Let me start off by saying you should NEVER feel like you're not supported in a therapy situation. Therapy only works if the client/therapist bond is strong. Some things to keep in mind: What exactly makes you think the therapist feels you're lying. Has this person said those exact words? Do you have any sort of support system that can be in the session with you to help iterate what you're dealing with? That's the first thing I would tackle. Can this situation be resolved. If it can't. If the therapist absolutely does not believe you? I can't answer the why without knowing context but I would definitely recommend seeking a different therapist because that bond is so extremely important. Lastly, just remember how important you are and the trauma you have faced and the emotions that go along with that are valid. You deserve to be understood.