I've crushed on many boys before but I've also had a crush on my female friend. I see a lot of pretty girls but I never develop crushes on them. So am I bi or straight?

Dorothy Paige, MS Psychology

I believe that any issue that prevents one from living life to the fullest or prevents self love is defeating. I am committed to providing support to anyone who seeks help.

aeris156
sexuality is really fluid, and it's not as black-and-white as people tend to think. anything is possible; you might be bi, you might not be. it's absolutely possible that you're bi but just have a strong preference towards guys; that's still bi, and you're still valid. you don't have to know right now, and give yourself the time, space, and love to figure yourself out. i'm rooting for you :)
- Expert in Questioning Identity
If you can potentially be attracted to boys and girls, even if you have a stronger preference for one gender, you would "technically" be bisexual. But it's up to you to choose the labels that you think fits you best - after all, our orientation is nothing more than what we feel we are! If you're questioning, you can try to imagine yourself with people of different genders in sexual and romantic contexts and be as honest with yourself as you can about how that makes you feel. You can analyze your feelings and sensations, your physical and emotional response to these fantasies will give you a clue of what your orientation is. If fantasies about two (or more!) genders feel good, you're bisexual. If you feel good only about the opposite gender, you're straight.
Talk to an expert therapist
Talk to a Therapist
Related Questions: I've crushed on many boys before but I've also had a crush on my female friend. I see a lot of pretty girls but I never develop crushes on them. So am I bi or straight?
I feel like my gender identity changes everyday. I've done some experimenting and research, and it seems pretty accurate. Does this mean that I'm genderfluid or am I'm just lying to myself?I am romantically attracted to women but aesthetically attracted to men. Does this make me biromantic or homoromantic?How to deal with being bi, but growing up religious? And learning your whole life that it's wrong.Am I asexual? I find that I’ll think someone is attractive when I meet them, but it never crosses my mind that I might want to have sex with them, but later on I sometimes decide I would. Am I ace?If I'm a girl, and am romantically, sexually, aesthetically and sensually attracted to guys, but also can be sensually and aesthetically attracted to girls, am I bisexual or not?Sometimes I feel like I really want to be a different gender, and that I was born the wrong way (and often feel sad about it)-but other times I feel completely fine and okay with being me. Am I okay?I don’t feel/really identify myself as a girl, boy, or gender neutral. What am I? And is there any pronouns for thisI'm a woman and I am only romantically interested in men (I'm married to one). But I am sexually attracted to men and woman. What sexual/romantic orientation am I considered? Is 14 too young to really know if you’re lesbian or not? I’ve been questioning my sexuality recently but I don’t know if 14 is too young to really understand it. Why is it that other times I wear boyish clothing and be a guy, but sometimes I like girly stuff? It's ok that I dress like this right?