My friend has this gay friend he's always with. Could it be that he's gay too?

Parvathy Venugopal, MSc in Clinical psychology

Life is chaotic and you need to rest if you're tired. I am here to help you relax until you are ready to start over again.Your mental health is priority, so is your happiness.

Anonymous
March 3rd, 2020 3:52pm
While it is possible that he hangs around his gay friend because he feels more valid or comfortable, or is seeking help with his own identity, it is more likely that they’re just friends and that he’s not gay. The people we hang around don’t always determine who we are. Hanging around gay people will make you gay the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall(there’s not much of a relationship). Friendship is something that transcends differences and brings people together, regardless of various parts of their identity. Basically, he could be, but it’s equally likely to more likely that he isn’t.
Talk to an expert therapist
Talk to a Therapist
Related Questions: My friend has this gay friend he's always with. Could it be that he's gay too?
I feel like my gender identity changes everyday. I've done some experimenting and research, and it seems pretty accurate. Does this mean that I'm genderfluid or am I'm just lying to myself?I am romantically attracted to women but aesthetically attracted to men. Does this make me biromantic or homoromantic?How to deal with being bi, but growing up religious? And learning your whole life that it's wrong.Am I asexual? I find that I’ll think someone is attractive when I meet them, but it never crosses my mind that I might want to have sex with them, but later on I sometimes decide I would. Am I ace?If I'm a girl, and am romantically, sexually, aesthetically and sensually attracted to guys, but also can be sensually and aesthetically attracted to girls, am I bisexual or not?Sometimes I feel like I really want to be a different gender, and that I was born the wrong way (and often feel sad about it)-but other times I feel completely fine and okay with being me. Am I okay?I don’t feel/really identify myself as a girl, boy, or gender neutral. What am I? And is there any pronouns for thisI'm a woman and I am only romantically interested in men (I'm married to one). But I am sexually attracted to men and woman. What sexual/romantic orientation am I considered? Is 14 too young to really know if you’re lesbian or not? I’ve been questioning my sexuality recently but I don’t know if 14 is too young to really understand it. Why is it that other times I wear boyish clothing and be a guy, but sometimes I like girly stuff? It's ok that I dress like this right?