Can you fall back in love with someone you don’t trust?

Lauren Abasheva, LMHC

A sex positive, and kink knowledgeable therapist with an open mindset and a clear understanding that we are all different.

Dan76
February 23rd, 2021 9:53pm
You can, but that love will never be the same. The reason you don't trust them will never leave your mind. It'll nudge at you and keep poking its way back in. You'll look at them and know you love them, but you'll see them differently. I had an ex that cheated on me. We stayed together, which was dumb, but I loved her. I still loved her more and more every day. But I couldn't look at her the same at all. Looking at her would throw my mind into a frenzy. It didn't last much longer and we split. Loving someone doesn't necessarily mean that being with them is the right move. Put your own happiness above all else.
Anonymous
I think a good question to ask is why don't you trust them in the first place and if it's a good idea to love without trust. More importantly, do you think it's possible to love without trust?
sgtdavis333
It may take time and a lot of work but if you truly care about that person anything is possible. Love has no limits.
awesomeYellow54
Trust once broken, breaks the heart too......and to love the same person again with a broken heart is very difficult. Trust is the basis of every relationship.