How can I boost my confidence after rejection?

Alex DS Ellis, MA, LMFT

Feeling depressed or anxious can be so overwhelming. I want to help you feel better and be able to enjoy life. You are not alone and you deserve emotional support.

Anonymous
Following a rejection, you probably feel hurt or maybe a bit insecure. I feel like it’s important to note that just because someone wasn’t interested in you, doesn’t mean that you are unattractive or unlovable. Everyone has different types, and different things they look for in a person. Rejection is important, it saves you from wasting your time. That being said, the best way to regain your confidence post rejection is by engaging in self care. Take note of your mental state, take care of yourself. Do something nice, or fun, and just keep working on improving your overall health.
Anonymous
I remind myself that everyone is worthy and that people who hurt or are very emotional at that time sometimes can say hurtful and mean things and not really mean it. It is important to know not to take everything somebody says about you personally and know your own worth. It also helps to remember all the good things you have done in your life and how you helped other people. Also looking back and remembering how you grew by being rejected in the past can help you to boost your confidence. We must remind ourselves that rejection is not always a bad thing and that sometimes there are just hidden factors which lead to the rejection and that it didn't occur because we weren't worthy of being accepted but due to these hidden factors.