I am anxious that my wife is going to cheat on me all the time, due to past experiences with different relationships and our now. It is breaking us and I do not want to lose her. How do I stop it?

Victoria Cook, LCSW

I work to meet all clients where they are - working first to understand their needs and employing the tools needed to help them become their best, most empowered selves.

Anonymous
Hey there. Have you expressed this concern to her? If you haven't yet, you should. I'm sure she would be extremely happy to work with you, especially if it is having such a large effect on your relationship. If you have, what is one thing you think would help you feel more secure in the relationship that would be doable and accessible for her? Have you explored what is your possible love language might be? Many people might not feel great with words of affirmation, but maybe physical touch or another love language can work really well for that person to feel more 'safe' or understood in a relationship. If that isn't sufficient or it is affecting your daily lives and relationships with others, please do not be afraid to go to a licensed marriage and family therapist together. There you can safely discuss the specifics of what you've gone through in much more detail and how they are affecting the both of you. They will guide you through everything on what you both can do individually and together. Hope things work out!