I cheated on my boyfriend with his best friend. I still love my boyfriend and don't know what to do. Maybe I'm bored? Or do I truly love him still?

Susana Diaz, lpc

I believed that to be a successful therapist is to be able to empathize and connect with all clients. My work with clients is to help them identify resources to cope.

Anonymous
March 3rd, 2020 6:57am
When the mind starts to wonder, the body often follows. If you think you may me bored or that you don't still love him, it seems that you have to do some internal searching and determine what your motivations were for cheating. Understanding yourself is the best way to understand your behavior. There are various areas you can also consider when doing this. Think about your relationship with your boyfriend a bit more- the timeline for both recently and in the long run. Then there's also your relationship with the best friend. What about it gave you the opportunity to cheat? This can help conceptualize your own motivations and behavior.
travelingwhisper
You're on the right path for many reasons! For one, you're asking thoughtful questions that could help you figure out what you want right now. Also, the fact that you're even sharing this as a means to seek guidance is quite indicative of your motivation to help yourself as well. Here are some questions that could help nudge you further along your journey: How do you feel about your relationship with your partner? (Try to come up with words that more precisely your sentiment other than good/bad.) How were you feeling in the relationship right before you decided to start talking to his best friend? Right before you slept with the best friend? Lastly, how do you feel about the relationship now? Hopefully this helps!