i have been with my boyfriend over a year and recently he stopped texting me and for hours not responding to me, i am hurt by it, why is he doing this?

Veronica Wade-Hampton, LPC

I enjoy working with individuals of all capacities as I view the role of therapist as one in which you help the client learn to cope with the pressures of daily life.

drishtibhatia26
Well, recently I am going through the same thing. I live with my boyfriend and now all of a sudden he had fly out of town so naturally he got busy and for first few days I was really upset about it as well but he told me that I am busy but as soon as I get time I will text you. My advice to you is that give him some space and time because if you keep pushing it then that might lead into arguments. Just text him saying that whenever you’re free, do text me. I’ll be waiting and I’m sure he will understand as well
KuyaEthan
It can be a sign of uninterest or it can be signs that he needs attention. We, humans, have a natural instinct to quickly assume reasons that may or may not be the possible answer to the event but it happens even if we avoid it. So, we meet with the person personally and discuss the situation to remove unwanted assumptions, this can help us express ourselves and show that we value our relationship and is trying to remain committed. Maybe, ask about what made him feel this way, this can help provide a stepping-stone in discussing the situation further. :)