I'm too short for a guy to date. What can I do?

Turkey

Caglagul Turhan, Msc

Art Therapist

I believe that being aware of who a person is, will help to make the life better. I help children, adolesences, adults and parents for understanding themselves

Anonymous
The best thing you can ever do to yourself is self acceptance. You are your best enemy but also best cheerleader. You are worthy of anyone.
Anonymous
If anyone thinks you are too short then you shouldn't date them anyways. Find someone who likes you for you.
aliensyndrome
Ask yourself what positive attributes you have as to why a guy would want to date you. You need to question why are you looking at your shortcomings instead of your virtues.
Anonymous
If someone doesn't like you because of your height, then it's their loss. Don't try and change something about you so someone will like you. You are fine just the way you are and someone will come along that will like you as you.
Anonymous
You should just be yourself. It shouldn't matter how you look. Be confident of yourself, that's all it actually matters. If a person doesn't like your height it's their miss. Your perfect partner should like you in anyway and it should mean more since they like you for who you are but for what they see.
Anonymous
As a fierce woman of 4'11, I'm here to say that height does not need to get in the way of a relationship. You may be feeling as though you are too short for other reasons, such as self-consciousness. Considering why you feel "too short" rather than treating it as a fact may help you remove the obstacle.
Anonymous
I don't think there is much to do when it comes to your height. Excuse me, but I think it's quite unusal for guys to have this specific height 'criterias'. I mean, preference is alright but if he is not willing to date you for your height, maybe you could talk to him and ask what he means about it. Maybe he wants to date you, or maybe you can wear high heels to absolute 'satisfy' him. I just hope he doesn't reject you for your height, that is a little silly of him if I dare to say that.
Turbokiddo
You're not too short for a guy to date you, height isn't a relevant factor when it comes to emotional/romantic involvement, if your height bothers the other person that much they're most likely not the one for you, appearance does play a role but it isn't the point of any relationship, beauty is a perspective so in my genuine opinion the only thing you can do is love yourself for who you are, discover all the good qualities and little things that make you your unique self, eventually you will find someone that doesn't care about such superficial things like your height or weight, someone who will see you for the person that you are and love all the little things you don't like about yourself, he's out there so don't lose hope.
SarilinaN
Your physical appearance should not affect your relationship if you truly wish to be together and love each other.
ariea00
It must be true that many girls prefer a tall guy to date, but you must think that when it comes to being with a person you're fond of, those trivial things don't matter anymore. So you're too short? Then make up to it by improving on your other qualities! If you can't change one quality, then improve your other points. At the end of the day, your girl won't be minding your height, but your heart.
Anonymous
Youre not too anything, all of your unique differences make you you! And your height could end up being what the right guy notices first! You never know. So if youre short, be proud and own it, because thats just one thing about you, there is so much more to you than your height and the right guy will hang around long enough to realise that :) be proud. Be you. And the right guy will come to you.
HealingCloud51
What do you mean by you are too short? Is this based upon your perceptions of what is "too short" and you therefore cannot date him? Or has the guy expressed that he will not date you because you are too short? If it is the latter, then why would you want to be with someone who had rejected you because of your height (an attribute you cannot control?). Focus on developing the attributes that you can control (like your character and personality), and I'm sure there will be a guy out there who will appreciate all of you, including your shortness!
Anonymous
October 2nd, 2017 1:41am
Take it from someone who is just under 5 feet (and that is with fluffy socks on!). There is no such thing as too short for a guy to date--- the bottom line is you need to embrace your height and accept that its part of who you are and if the receiving end cannot appreciate it then it wasn't meant to be. There are couples who end up together where there is over a foot difference between the guy and a girl---both the girl being taller and the guy being taller---and same with guy guy. and for girls to feel the need to hide their height or wear 4 inch heels to meet the standards of a guy, then its not the right guy to begin with. the person who will love you for you and you for them won't notice your height and the ones who do are just passing ships that were never meant to be to begin with so you got off lucky that you didn't waste more time than you had to to find that out!
softNutella25
Did someone tell you that? Because height and attraction is in the eye of the beholder. Just because one person doesn't want to date a "short" person, doesn't mean someone else won't find that attractive.
Alishia
If height is something that becomes a deal breaker for someone, then that person isn't for you at all. Height standards are biased on both sides: some men get intimidated by tall women, some women get disturbed by short men. And it's all based on this idea that the man should be tall and the women should be slightly below them. But there are people out there who don't care about height for either gender identity. My boyfriend is at least two, almost three inches shorter than me. That was something I cared about back in high school when i watched a lot of movies. But once I got into the real world, I saw how much it really didn't matter. A human is a human. You will find someone who accepts you, and someone you accept.
heyfriend20
There is no "You Must Be This Tall" sign in front of the date ride at Six Flags! People come in all different shapes and sizes. And people fall in love with other people of all shapes and sizes. I know it sounds cheesy to say it's whats on the inside that counts. But it's true :)
Blackmetalismytherapy
Try looking for someone who is open minded and will accept you for you! It is important to accept others for their differences
SeamusMaraemh
Learn to embrace it, and then look for people who don't mind someone being shorter. I have been with many people who are shorter than me, and it never bothered me.
Anonymous
You're not "too" anything. You should learn to love yourself first, then find a guy who loves you for you
Ilovebands02
Find a better guy. He's not worth your time if he won't accept you for who you are. I know many guys who LOVE short girls; I'm 5'1 myself. Just remember you're beautiful and you don't need to change for anyone, no matter who it is that's making you want to change.
Anonymous
There's someone out there for everyone you just have to look deeper. Anyone who looks at your height rather than to get to know you doesn't deserve you.
MzBabie81
Currently, my daughter, who is 5 feet 0 inches is dating a very nice guy who is 6 feet 4 inches. They love each other and it has nothing to do with how tall they are. I think that perhaps the issue is not that you are too short, but maybe that your confidence isn't as high as it could be. Your beauty is not hidden in the inches you feel you are lacking. Your beauty is in your smile, in your personality, your soul, your heart. There are parts of you that nobody else has, and that makes you amazing. Even things as simple as the way you laugh, the things that inspire you. Rather than focusing on things you do not have (and can't get), focus on the things you do have... on the things that are *ARE*.
beenseendoneit
you can never be too anything too date anyone, what matters the most is you are you and eventually someone will fall in love with everything that makes you you
heavenMango23
I know of a few stories of short guys who had enough self-confidence to date taller girls, but assuming that's not the case- i would advice u to date girls who are you're highet or shorter. but, if there's someone you like, even if she's taller, i would advice you to try dating her anyways, who knows - maybe she would'nt mind (although most girls i know do)
wonderous
No such thing as being "too" short! Different people ~different preferences!OR~find a short partner♡
Anonymous
You can either find a guy who likes short people, find a short guy, or accept your height and love yourself because what guys think of you doesn't matter.
ConsolingPenguin
Height can be a preference, but shouldn't dictate the rest of your love life. I'm 4'11 and my partner loves me to death! Shorter or taller, someone will eventually come around and see that your height is a unique part of you!
AbigailM83
If you feel insecure about your height, and he won't date you because of it, then it seems that he might not be a good fit for you or anyone else. Judgemental people can be very difficult to deal with, so try to find someone who accepts you for who you are.
Anonymous
You are never too short to date anyone! If they really like you they would take you out, no matter how tall you are. I am pretty sure there's no one out there that looks at height for one of the factors to if they want to date the person
DelicateEllie
As a certified hobbit, I relate to this question pretty well. If a guy is unwilling to date you due to your height, then next. You can totally find better, but if you really really like him, then maybe consider learning to comfortably walk in heals.