I'm too short for a guy to date. What can I do?

Turkey

Caglagul Turhan, Msc

Art Therapist

I believe that being aware of who a person is, will help to make the life better. I help children, adolesences, adults and parents for understanding themselves

peachyscorpy
Move on! Never feel the need to change yourself for someone else, no boyfriend, girlfriend or non-binary friend is worth the distress of trying to change yourself in anyway. Loving yourself is the key for someone to love you and vice versa, if they don't love you whole heartedly regardless of height then they aren't worth a second of your time. Maybe you can talk to him about it and see if this is a superficial thing or not, but if he tries to make you feel bad for it then its not worth your time at all. Love yourself always.
SympathyofSong
Move on. I am working on this too we need to want those who want us. And not focus on those who do not accept us. Seriously do you want to date a guy who thinks you are too short? We all should try to find those who will exist with us as we are. We aren't going to be liked by everyone and that is okay. Just as this guy thinks you are too short, another will think you are just right. Your not a kid or a Little person are you? Because kids will grow and why are you dating if you are a kid. And i don't know much about Little People dating except what i saw on Little Women LA. But i bet there is a guy out there who wants you at any size. You are loveable don't let anything disrespect your person! =)
melody06
No one is never too short for a guy to date. If you feel like this because it has happened to you before than don't assume your the problem. If he will not except you for who you are than hes not the right guy. There are many guys out there that love you for who you are and not like you just because of your height. So stay true to who you are and believe that someone will love you for who you are. Never doubt or put your self down, make to always think positive and always think better wise.
Anonymous
I don’t think there’s anything like being too short to date! If height compatibility is a concern, trust me, there are other guys out there who’re shorter than average too! I’m sure they’re going through the same thoughts about how they’re going to find a partner if they’re only that tall. I’m a good 4’11 and I’m really small. People around me are at least 5’1 and I’m always hidden. But I managed to find a partner who’s 5’7, who’s smaller than average as well! But in all honesty, once a guy falls for you, he’ll look beyond your height. For all you know, he might be attracted to you for looking small too! :-) my partner likes that I’m small haha. All the best!
brianna67
Did someone tell you that? I've never met a guy who had height requirements. You are not too short! Everyone has different preferences. There are definitely guys out there that like other short guys or girls. If someone told you that you are too short, that sounds like a personal problem on their part. Please do not assume that every guy thinks that way. However, if your height is just something that you're insecure about, you can try to reflect more on the traits you like about yourself and showing those off. A gratitude journal might be helpful to remember these and have a list to refer back to when you are feeling down.
JimboJimmy
If a guy tells you you are too short, it is probably not the real reason why. It's best to acknowledge he might just want to date someone else and you should find someone else to date as well. On the other hand if you are deeply in love with him and can't seem to let go, you can try the obvious and wear heels more often, he would know you're strongly into him. You can also appear taller braiding your hair as a top bun. Keep your back straight, your head up high. But most importantly act friendly and flirty and he might reconsider dating a short girl.
Rotem
I am short too (158cm) and have dated tall guys (180-190cm) it's hard and looks funny, overall it is cute! but height must not play a role in a relationship! it's not such a big deal like you may think. The guy you're dating might not care at all anyways. Be happy with who you are and don't worry too much. There is tall and short and thin and full. People come in all different shapes, it's important to accept and love our self and that way people could love us too. So don't think you are "too" short and go out there to get the guys!
Anonymous
There's no such thing as being too short for a guy. I myself am 4'11 and I'm a junior in high school if that helps you feel more relatable. I'm in high school which means I've stopped my growth spurt and I won't be growing anytime soon. If there's mutual love, the guy will accept you for who you are, not for your height. Your height doesn't matter in relationships, it's the love that you put in that counts. Some guys will take short height in a cute way too. Being short has its benefits: Hoodies feeling comfortable, hugs that'll always feel nice and warm, etc.
brightSun111
I understand that you can feel frustrated as your height is something tou cannot change east however here are a lot of people out there. All sorts of variety off apperance, what are your most positive traits? And how can you best show them off? Personally i like to smile a lot it makes me feel at ease as well as my company too, i also like to find a common interest. Do you have any hobbies you can discuss on your next date? What do you consider a positive attribute in a date? I often have a cheesy joke preparred for when i get tongue tied of the conversation dies down... do you have a favourite joke?
Anonymous
Hey! My boyfriend feels very insecure about his height too. He is 5'8 or 171 centimeters and I am only 3 centimeters shorter. If I wear heels I tower over him. He used to believe he was too short to date as well but hey hes dating me! Your physical characteristics dont determine your value. I can assure you there is someone out there who will fall in love with you and you will fall for them too. You should value yourself! Own your height!! Confidence is one of the most attractive attributes anyone can have. Thats the only thing you can do. Learn to love and value yourself. This is the only body you have, love it!
Anonymous
February 1st, 2020 7:25pm
People don't date each other on the basis of height and if a guy finds you unfit to date him on the basis of some physical attribute then that guy sure as hell is unfit to be dated. Run away from that guy as far as you can. Find yourself a guy who loves you and wants to be with you for what you are, with all your perfections and imperfections. A person who wants to be with you would be in love with your soul and won't care about how tall you are. And if someone thinks about your height before dating you, he might as well date a lamp post.
Anonymous
February 1st, 2020 10:35pm
While your height may not be what you want, there are plenty of people who find all types of people attractive. As a female who is very short, i could never see myself dating somebody over 5'10''. Hope is the best thing i can offer you. If you are a kind person and willing to put in the work for a relationship you will find someone. And although it's extremely cliche. If someone is that shallow is there really any point in pursuing them. Plus standards for attractiveness are always changing. Find other ways to make yourself happy. Do what you love, and love will follow.
SleepySnow69
The right guy is going to love you no matter what your height is. Maybe try to love yourself a bit more and focus on just trying to be happy with your height. There is somebody out there for everybody...keep that in mind. And sooner or later you will see that you worrying about how short you are caused unnecessary stress for you which isn't good. To be honest I myself always thought I was too short until I met my partner who is shorter than I am! Try to tell yourself your perfect just as you are and maybe it will boost your self confidence a bit.
Anonymous
You'll eventually find someone! If someone does not like you for just your height, they obviously aren't worth your precious time. I would say don't worry about it and you'll find someone. Be confident with what you've got! If someone seriously has a problem with your height, then they have some serious insecurity issues, and you should refer them to 7 Cups of Tea for help with that. We have several listeners willing to help them, including me and so many others. If someone thinks that putting someone else down to give them self confidence, then they need a little lesson on how that's wrong.
lifegivesulemons
Dont worry bro. height dont matter, unless in good girls it is. If any girl doesnt want to go out with you because of your height, that's too bs and she shouldn't be considered your crush anyway. On behalf of all females, we do not accept her. Dating and love comes from your personality and however you treat her well. NOT the height. (at least the good dating anyway.) And you might think, 'I havent dated a girl because I'm short for a guy'. Well, I am average height for a female, and it took me 17 whole years to be in an official relationship. And that's with years and years of trying to find the right connection. So don't worry man, height don't matter. Next time a girl hates on you on something you can't change, hate on her for something she can't change either. (pls don't i was jk). and don't worry. I knew a guy who was only a few inches taller than a girl who was 5 feet. They dated for a hell of a long time.
Anonymous
That isn't even possible you are never too short too tall to anything do do anything. If that say that you are too short to date them then take a step back and think if you would really want to date someone that would judge you for something so minor as being short. Or say that they wouldn't want to date you because you are short. And personally I am a short girl myself, and I love my height. In my opinion just be yourself, be true to yourself and don't let anyone put you down or tell you that you aren't good enough because you are.
Laks1
There's not much you can do about your height but there is definitely someone who will like you and want to date you even with your height. There are no rules for dating but there are preferences and you are someone's. You just need to appreciate yourself more and work on your personality, it'll draw people close. There are tall guys out there who are still very lonely because the only thing complimentary about them is their height. There's so much more to dating, more than physique, you need to be more than a short guy to get someone to date you so work on yourself
Anonymous
April 22nd, 2020 9:12am
I'm also very short, but honestly I can tell you, if it's with the right person, it makes it all the better! Also, often guys like short girls. If it's a specific person, have you tried talking to them about it? Sharing our insecurities often helps, you often end up discovering that people might have no clue you were insecure about one thing or another! So it's always best to try and speak directly about it. If you just feel a bit unsure for yourself, you might want to try and wear heels to boost your self esteem a bit, but with time you could consider dealing with that. If the person you're next to doesn't like you being short, consider if they actually really appreciate you for who you are, and if not, are you really happy with them?
Icanwaitforever
Oh c'mon you are not too short to date! What does that mean? Trust me, I'm short and I'm happily engaged. Height doen't matter at all. You should stop being insecure about that, and focus about yourself, your interiority and how much you love o like the other one. Show your feelings, and everything will be good. Then, if she/he is the right person for you, I assure you that you two will create a wonderful relationship. But if the date won't be good enough, or if the other one tries to make you feel unconfortable about your height, please go on. Ignore him/her and keep loving yourself.
perpetualfear
I think that should be more up to them. Not to say your opinion doesn't count. More to say, don't count yourself out just because of how you feel. I'm only 5'5" women often reject men who are shorter than them. However if I say I'm too short, I'm counting out most women. I do often feel insecure about my height so I can certainly understand that feeling but I can honestly say height doesn't matter. It's how much love you have to give that matters. Loving someone is more important than your height or weight or IQ, even your nature being masculine or feminine doesn't matter. All that matters is loving the other person.
Anonymous
We all experience some kind of insecurity when it comes to our appearance. Don't get bogged down in the little imperfections that may describe your looks - its not who you are, and in the grand scheme of things it matters very little. You are just as worthy of being loved and adored as anyone else on this planet and the person worth being with will help you understand that. If this dosen't help, then at the very least I can tell you that when it comes to problems of size, guys can be very understanding ;) Take my word for it - you're preaching to the choir here love.
sunnySunshine4925
Wear a cute pair of heels! This will help increase your height which may help get rid of this obstacle. High heals can also help shape your figure and are a turn on For some men. I am much shorter than my husband but I wear heels to help make pictures look more natural. This also gives me an excuse to get pedicures and keep my toes looking nice. My husband appreciates this a lot too. Being short has gone from a disadvantage to something that has actually helped our relationship a lot. Plus being short is pretty fun :)
Anonymous
Confidence is attractive in a person! It not really about what you look like but about being confident in yourself. Look up confident building activities. Practice being more confident. You do not always have to feel confident to be confident. Build up your self esteem and confidence by talking to yourself and saying positive things to help you feel better about yourself. Everyone has great qualities. Point out all your great qualities and highlight them. Remember to speak out loud so that you can hear the positive words about yourself. When you believe great things about yourself others will also believe great things about you.
Anonymous
Honestly, I can relate to this situation a lot. I'm currently 5'0. But before I was 4'8 or 4'11 for the longest time. I was always called out for being the shortest person. They always said,"You're never going to get a guy if you don't grow." It hurt a lot but fortunately, that wasn't the case. I ended up finding the best guy who accepted me for who I was and it didn't matter to him how short I was/am. He cared for me and my personality and I can bet that you will find your own guy who will accept you for who you are. Also, just know that there is no such thing as being too short to date. If a guy tells you that you're too short for him, then prove him wrong. Find another guy and tell that guy that your height doesn't matter. What shines about you is your personality and that's all that matters.
Anonymous
Is this something you have communicated with your partner or people around you? Feeling loved and supportive in your relationship will help you figure out if this is something that needs a solution. Take a moment in thinking what are things you can and cannot change about yourself. Remember who you are and what is important in your life. I understand that you may feel confused and might be doubting your height. Remember your height does not define who you are. When people are dating they are searching for various things, not only physical attributes. Believe in yourself and find the right person.
Anonymous
My opinion is that being short should not be a practical reason not do date someone as that has nothing to do with your personality which is mostly what makes a good relationship work. Therefore anyone that won't date you just because of you height is not the best person for you to form a connection with as they seem only to be interested in your looks. I don't think you need to do anything except show him how great you are and be confident in yourself and your own looks, you are fabulous in your own way and being short is part of who you are.
Anonymous
i understand that you feel insecure about your height, but let me tell you, i know a lot of guys who are shorter than their girlfriends and they are doing very well as couples, it's never about height, weight or any physical component if you love and value your self, be sure that everyone will do the same to you, we are more than just bodies, stay confident and trust yourself, and if someone really loves it's because of who you are, not because you're tall or because you have abs whataver, i'm sure you will find that one, stay positive
Anonymous
Have you tried wearing high heels? Also, it's important to remember that there is someone out there who likes you for who you are (including your height). Though it may seem like a big factor now, many guys don't care and if they do, they aren't the guy for you! Also, many guys like someone who is short, so there isn't too much to worry about! I understand that this may be an insecurity of yours, but please try to remember that you're perfect just the way you are and, as previously mentioned, there is someone out there who will love your height :)
personalkk
September 2nd, 2020 2:22am
Just be yourself! Any guy would be lucky to have someone who loves them in their life. They shouldnt base you off of your height. The only thing that truly matters is your heart. If they think "youre too short to date" well guess what? They are missing out. Just do you boo! If you want to feel taller you can always wear heels to feel taller, your height shouldnt matter, just your heart. I hope you find someone who can truly understand this. Keep doing you in all that you do.
Lovingpalm6021
I believe that height or other physical characteristics are "invisible" barriers that people put too much focus on especially in the world of dating. In this interconnected world, the one limiting factor that you consider is your height? I believe you have much to show for and you should use your height to your advantage! Honestly, the dating scene nowadays can be quite overwhelming with all these quirks and supposed "rules". It really takes the fun away out of getting to know the person. In addition to this, you have to consider that maybe the other person is more worried about what YOU think of him compared to your height! So you know what, just go for it. If there is an attraction, you will surely find out! Have fun and stay safe!