Should you go back to someone who lied to you and cheated on you? Meaning in the talking/dating stages before becoming official. & in terms of lying about their past relations

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

Anonymous
It depends. If I still love him even after what he did, yes I will still accept him and love him even more.
bubblyFaith17
Wow this really hit home for me. I have recently gone through this same exact thing. I did...initially. I went back and allowed that person right back in my head and my life and it was constant turmoil. Why? Because they kept doing it. For me it was almost like I sort of gave them permission to do it because I kept letting them back in. I knew deep down that if they lied when things weren't serious, then how could I trust them to not lie when things were at stake? I said, "If you lied to get me, you'd lie to keep me" and it proved to be true. I went to counseling to learn about healthy boundaries and I haven't looked back. While I see that I have personally grown and changed, that person has not...not even one bit. They are still deceiving others but I don't allow them in my life to do it to me.