Why do I hate it when my boyfriend likes girls pictures on social media. It can be a picture of a girl or anything a girl posts. Am I wrong and how can I change the way I feel?

Terrence Sawyer, MS Counseling Psychology

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Social disorders counseling social psychology, substance use disorder counsel

Anonymous
You are never wrong about how you feel, but it is important to know why. My guess is, with the limited information I have, that your insecurity might be due to a lack of confidence on your relationship. Try to talk things out, maybe he is just fascinated with a girl's beauty in general, but what it is really important is to know that he loves you. Make sure to listen to him, and understand how he feels. Try to keep in mind that men have a certain drive that sometimes is difficult to control from them and hard to understand for women. Good luck.
Anonymous
What was the intention behind him liking the person's post? It is not a crime to be friendly, however, if he is being overtly flirtful that is something that would be a good idea to address. You could try asking if he would be willing to chat about some of your insecurities. If he is willing you start off listing what is going well, state what causes you to feel jealous, and ask if there is any way that you can improve. This gives you power over the only thing you can control; yourself. You could also ask for something at this point. Leave it on a positive note letting him know what he is doing well in the relationship.