Its difficult to cope when everyone looks happy. It lowers my confidence I do not know how to cope with it. What can I do?

Catherine Demirdogucu, Level 4 Diploma with Merit. CBT and Mindfulness Practitioner.

It takes courage and strength to seek help. My desire is to help my clients express themselves and grow in confidence, my support is offered in a nonjudgmental manner.

Robinzoo
I see a lot of happy people too, I wonder what they are so ridiculous happy about. Im always buried in things that occupy me with something that I atleast find a bit interesting.
Anonymous
Use a subliminal to make yourself more positive and happy. Do things that make you happy, Learn to be happy with others and for others,
Anonymous
When others look happy think of it as making you happy in a way, seeing others happy and smiling or laughing can make you happy. When you have low self esteem or low confidence think of things that make you happy or think of the best you! You are your own person and everyone has something that makes them happy, you just have to find yours. Your happiness could be friends, school, family, a hobby, it could be anything you just have to find it. Think about what you confidence is related to and try to find someone to listen and support you. We are always here to listen!
adinishereforyou
Appearances can be deceiving. I know that is the most cliche answer, but there is nothing more true. Even the most popular girl or boy at school deals with their own problems. Most of the time, the best way to cope is to find an outlet. This outlet can be reaching out to a trusted friend or family member or writing in a journal. It can be anything that helps you relieve your stress. Personally, when I have experienced great amounts of stress, I have written in my journal how I felt. It was like magic; with each word, a fragment of my stress melted away. While my experience may not be relevant to you (which is okay! everyone is unique and special), it is important to find your own outlet!
enchantingSunshine4874
Looking happy and being actually happy are two very different things. Often times because of our own situations, others may seem to be happier because they either are, hide their unhappiness well, or our mind is causing us to believe that that's the case even when it isn't. In these times it is up to us to avoid comparing our happiness to that of others. No one is always happy. Our happiness is our individual responsibility and it requires effort. The time we spend noticing others perceived happiness could be used to work on building up ourselves and working towards our own happiness. Be kind to yourself and love yourself. Be patient. Happiness isn't a destination, it's a journey.
Anonymous
I understand this feeling, it seems like everyone around you is happy and you’re the only one who isn’t. But the truth is, everybody has problems. No matter how big or small, everyone has problems they’re dealing with. Some people just hide it really well. I recommend talking to someone. You can message any listener here on 7 cups of tea, and we’ll be happy to listen to you. You can also speak to a trusted friend or family member about what’s going on, or you can consider talking to a professional, like a therapist. Good luck, you’ve got this!