The thought of disapproval or rejection causes me to experience anxiety, but I also don't like myself. What do I do?

Traci Seery, LMFT

Are you living your best life? My style is collaborate, supportive and compassionate. Together, we will develop goals that produce positive results to make your life better.

TheBabyLion
My apologies for not answering your question, because I couldn't even if I wanted to - what you do is completely up you, my dear! What I do want to point out is that this "but" you used in the middle of your sentence might rather be exchanged with "and"; as for in my experience - not accepting oneself seems to often be the real issue, while fearing rejection or disapproval may or may not only highlight what beliefs one has about him/herself. Please consider to see what beliefs about yourself you have and where did you obtain them from, if you feel like it :)
- Expert in Self-Esteem
If you do not like yourself how will others like you? Start by accepting who you are and then the people around you will too.