What is the difference between self confidence and self esteem?

Catherine Demirdogucu, Diploma

It takes courage and strength to seek help. My desire is to help my clients express themselves and grow in confidence, my support is offered in a nonjudgmental manner.

sereneFriend42
i believe that self confidence is trusting in ones abilities, and self esteem is believing in ones worth as a human being.
Amphios
The terms self-esteem and self-confidence are often used interchangeably when referring to how you feel about yourself. Although they are very similar, they are two different concepts. Self-confidence is ‘could you do it’, and Self-esteem is ‘should you do it’. Or, rephrased, respectively: ‘am I capable of it’, AND ‘do I deserve it’.
freshHug78
Self-confidence is believing that you can do it while self-esteem is having a positive self-image.For example,i might be confident that i am ready for my exams but i don't believe that i am a good person.
Anonymous
Self esteem if what you think about yourself and self confidence is where you trust you abilities, qualities, and judgement etc.
Anonymous
Self-esteem is how the person may feel about themselves, whereas self confidence focuses more on how the person may feel about their abilities. Having high self esteem does not necessarily mean having a high self confidence, and vice versa.
JustAnotherPersonOn7Cups
Self-confidence can be almost considered close to self-efficacy (the self-assurance in one's personal judgment, ability, power, etc) while self-esteem seems relates to the self-assurance in one's personal worth based on their self-efficacy at a given task.
Anonymous
Self-esteem refers to how you feel about yourself overall; how much esteem, positive regard or self-love you have. ... Self-confidence is how you feel about your abilities and can vary from situation to situation. I may have healthy self-esteem, but low confidence about situations involving math (this is true). Self-esteem refers to how we generally feel about ourselves: how much we like or love ourselves, and the overall image we have about who we are — positive or negative. It is shaped by our experiences and the environments we grow up in, by our family members, our school, and our community. Self-confidence relates to how we feel about our abilities and how capable we see ourselves of doing certain things or handling different situations. Is it possible to have one without the other? The answer is yes, and self-confidence can vary depending on the situation