Does using acid to burn yourself count as self-harm?

Zeina Ghoul, LLPC

I help guide clients to create positive change in a non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere.

Anonymous
Of course it does, any self inflicted injury is classed as self harm. The aim is to hurt yourself and using acid will hurt and that's a method of self harming. There are many different forms of self-harm that a lot of people dont know about.
Anonymous
Yes! Anything you do with intent to harm yourself Is self-harm. It could be punching yourself, starving yourself pouring wax on yourself, anything with intent to hurt yourself Is self harm.
EsmeRose
Anything that is done to purposely harm yourself is classed as self harm. This could be anything from biting yourself to burning yourself.
CharlesGabranth
As long as you're hurting yourself, everything you do can count as self-harming I think. I myself, not only used to cut myself but used different way of hurt myself.
Anonymous
If you're consciously attempting to harm yourself, then yes, using acid to burn yourself is considered self-harm.
sereneDreamer45
Yes, it does. Anything that involves somebody deliberately hurting themselves is self harm. If you are struggling with self harm please talk to a listener or a therapist about it. Don't hurt yourself, you are so precious.
bokchoi
It depends on your mental state. In my experience, any thing done to harm yourself because of negative emotions counts as self harm.
Anonymous
Yes, I feel like using anything to hurt yourself would count as self-harm. Using acid is no different then cutting, punching, etc.
Anonymous
yes this is definitely self harm !! any method of putting harm/pain onto ones own body is considered self harm and is not healthy
Anonymous
Yes it does. Contact someone for help with self harm if this is something you are doing.
Countrygal92
Absolutely. Burning yourself is not a healthy way to cope with your situation and feelings. Anything you intentionally do to cause harm to yourself counts as self harm in my opinions and I urge you to reach out and seek healthier coping skills.
Anonymous
I believe that self-harm is not only about cutting. Any way you use to harm yourself counts as self-harm. If you suffer from this, please seek for help.
Anonymous
Yes! Anything that can be used to scar yourself or hurt you in any way is a form of self harm.
taniaviridiana
Using acid to burn yourseld it realy counts as self- harm. Please don't use pain to cover more pain, it doesn't help at all.
SympatheticPrune2001
Yes, if you are not suicidal, as it is a form of deliberate self-injury without the intention to kill.
LoveAll425
Yes! if your doing it on purpose to hurt yourself that is self-harm. If you or someone you know are currently doing it you or the person should seek help by going to a trusted family member , a hotline in your area and or a therapist!
goldxheart
Yes it does count as self-harm, as Long as you have the intention to purposely harm or injure yourself
beautifulVision35
Yes it absolutely does! Any way you physically and deliberately harm your self is set-harm. Just like cutting.
heythereyousmiles
Yes, using acid to burn yourself does count as self harming. Anything that you do on purpose to hurt yourself is considered self hatm because youre inflicting pain on yourself .
Elta
Anything you do to hurt yourself counts as self-harm. If it was an accident, that's a different story, but if it's purposeful--no matter what the method, it's still self-harm.
GianaG
Yes it is. Please call the suicide hotline even though you are not feeling suicidal but are having episodes of self harm. thank you!
Akor1
Yes it does. Intentionally causing bodily harm to yourself is widely considered to be self harm. It can be almost anything but most often involves cutting, scratching, burning, poking, punching. Acid burns would fall into a burning category.
Anonymous
Yes, it does, you are feeling pain and using it to express yourself. Same thing as cutting yourself.
AdrianElijah
September 22nd, 2016 5:29am
Self harm is classified as any use of objects or bodies to inflict damage to yourself intentionally. Yes, acid burns are self harm if it is intentionally inflicted damage. Seek help for self harm before its too late, it's a dangerous and risky slope to a scary and uncertain future.
plushEars54
Yes, it does. Any form of cutting, burning, or bruising yourself intentionally is self harm. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm open, and I'm sure a lot of other members on here are as well.
Anonymous
Yes, that is extremely dangerous :( Self-harm is not a good, long-term-helping cope method. I recommend setting goals for being clean a couple days, then a week, then a week and a half, etc. to improve self love & care
Anonymous
Yes, you are purposefully inflicting pain and damage to yourself- self harm isn't just cutting, there are various ways (such as burning yourself).
Anonymous
Yes it does. Self harm comes in many forms. Are you in contact with a professional to support you and help you find new coping mechanisms?
CalmingSunshine08
Yes. Using a dangerous chemical such as acid or any other chemical that can severely damaged your skin counts as self harm. Please immediately get in touch with a local hospital to have a physician look at your wounds and contact the appropriate suicide resources such as suicide.org to seek help.
LeahNic6
If you are hurting yourself intentionally to help something that is going on inside, it's self harm. Whether it's acid, chemicals, or fire that you are burning yourself with. You can harm yourself using knives or scissors, or even by scratching yourself.