How can I tell my parents about self harm without them freaking out? I went a little outside my margins and the cuts can’t be hidden

Andrea Tuck, LCPC

I tackle and discuss a multitude of social and emotional health issues. I have a belief that through empowerment and non-judgmental support clients' can thrive.

Anonymous
I know it's hard to just tell them, sometimes it's easier just to write down what's going on and give them that instead of saying it out loud.
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2019 8:38am
If you want to tell them, just tell them. There's no avoiding them freaking out. They're parents, it's what they do, they freak out on everything. But it's because they're worried about you and would want to help in any way they could. They'd want to help you, and I hope you'll let them. It's they're way of saying that you're not gonna be alone with this anymore, they're gonna be there now. Telling them ain't gonna be easy, and scary, but when you built up the courage, just come out and say it. They'll freak out, yes, but they'll also help.