How do accept your scars? How you deal with the always having to be reminded of your failure?

Melissa Strauss, LPC

I am client focused and believe everyone has a strength. I feel confident in seeing clients with generalized and social anxiety, depression and relational goals.

TaranWanderer
Having scars does not mean you failed. If anything, the fact that you have scars should remind you of the hard times you faced and your strength to overcome it (hence why they are now scars, and not still wounds). Also, scars don't always last forever, you can help them to fade if you don't like them. But ultimately the past is what it is, and you just have to look forward.
powerfulPenguin3608
its hard for me because people have ask me about my scars i'm sick and tired of people asking
Anonymous
Your scars are a part of your body so in order to accept them you must accept your whole body which is mind body and soul. Your scars are not your failures they are reminders of the bravery you had to channel your pain into self-harm instead of death. That's emotional bravery at its finest. Your a warrior that survived the darkest thoughts of the mind and you have the battle scars to prove it. The strongest trees snap. It's the softer weaker ones that hold on through the storms. Stay strong friend.
Georgia247
I dont see my scars as failures. I see it as memories. Without these scars I wouldn't be who I am today
OrchestramusicianSarah
I view my scary as something that helped me to survive during a very hard time in my life. I think what really helped me is to not see my scas as such a bad thing. Yes, cutting isnt good and it would be nice to not have scars but nothing you can do will change the past so you have to learn to accept it. And self harming is not a failure. It may not have been healthy but that was just one of your coping skills. Everyone has some bad coping skills.