How to get rid of self harm scars?

How to get rid of self harm scars?
★ This question about Self-Harm was starred by a moderator on 5/12/2016.

Meredith Seltzer, LPC

The therapeutic relationship can assist you in accomplishing your goals and clarifying your wants and needs. As a skilled counselor and therapist I will help you along the way

Anonymous
Put coco butter on them it will help clear them up. Good luck
MissLilith
There is no guaranteed way that I know of personally, however most people I know choose to instead get them covered over with a tattoo, or a small phrase that means something placed by the scars.
ItsOkayNotToBeOkay1
Well I have over 400 self harm scars, from Burns to cuts. I use scar gel, tea tree oil, African black soap, and shae butter. Most of them have faded quite a bit. And I've also covered some with tattoos. I hope this helps c:
forgivenessandlove
For temporary fixes I suggest makeup to blend that area of the skin or bracelets and fun accessories to simply cover it! Another really cool idea for a longer term solution is a tattoo! Beautiful body art to cover the scars, or simply to beautify the area, is not only awesome but can be motivating and inspiration to yourself and others. If you aren't up for a permanent tattoo, temporary tattoo's or something like henna could work as well!
Anonymous
You can't just get rid of scars. They will always be there reminding you what made you harm yourself.
easyapproach1234
You may never get rid pf them completley, but there are things that can help to reduce visibility of them, such ad laser removal and products which can be bought in pharmacies such as bio oil.
AtlasSparks
Well depending on what state they are in a layer of foundation/powder would work or a bit more clothing. Unfortunately if you're talking cosmetic it has been a year and mine are still visible, and when you touch the place you put them the space is left behind.
writingloveaddy
This is a really tough question. Scars aren't that easy to rid oneself of sadly. There are creams people have come up with but my point of view is that you can't and to accept them. It's a battle wound and you won.
AngleTYBarakatx
self harm scars can not be rid off, they are scars and will stay with you until they fade naturally,
Gretellax
I've read a post once. The girl dealt her self harm issues by using pens rather than blades. The results were awesome. Her legs were drawn with patterns
Anonymous
To get rid of self harm scars I personally used a combination of lemon juice and vitamin E oil. If I had little scars that were just darker than my skin I would use the lemon juice to naturally bleach it a little bit, but if I had bigger scars that were caused by deeper cuts I would apply vitamin E oil to it every night before I went to sleep and the scars would gradually start to go away.
alliecat1901
Well first you should start by not doing self harm, and your just going to have to wait for them to heal on their own.
Anonymous
Bio Oil, Aloe Vera, Put the cut near a flame and it will close up faster, bandage, regularly treat or clean wounds. Or if all else fails - tattoo it over
Anonymous
coconut oil is great for getting rid of scars. it helps and your scars will fade very quickly. byee.
theknight1
يمكنني التغلب على كل المشاكل النفسية , بأستخدام التفكير المنطقي , وجعل الهدف في الحياة ليس العيش فقط , و إنما اكثر من ذلك ..
Anonymous
It will take a lot of time, so let it happen naturally. If they are not to deep, you can use things like Bio Oil to help soften the colour.
helperOwl013
I think that we have to think about things that make us better and happy. Be positive and seek for a friend and help.
Frankie9
You can cover with tattoos. Maderma also can help as well as Bio oil, and other oils like coconut ans tea tree. I find maderma to work best, and would also like to try silicon patches as ive heard they work good.
HereToListen2You
Scars are scars, they don't fade, it's best to accept them, not as a weakness or a flaw but as a reminder to yourself that you are strong and you're worth it!
AcornCactus
ScarAway helps alot - It's this medical ointment. Personally, I apply coconut oil after it's closed because even though it gets dark at first, its fades away really easily after that
gracefulWillow65
Personally, I don't think you should get rid of self-harm scars. I'm not ashamed of mine. When I see mine, they are reminders of what my father pushed me to and why I should never talk to him again. When I see mine, they push me into doing better for myself because I know that self-harm shouldn't be the answer. When I see mine, they remind me of the darkest time in my life and make me grateful for what I have now. If you are trying to get rid of them to hide them from friends/parents/teachers/etc. that shows means you're not okay. If you're trying to hide something, that shows that you need help. Hopefully, they'll push you into getting yourself healthy again.
Anonymous
I will preach Bio Oil until I give my last breath. Any oil which softens the skin provides more relief for scars, slowly helping with the healing process.
kerrylouise
I have always just lathered on cocoa butter each morning, and no they don't completely go away but they do fade a lot and it also keeps your skin smooth :)
AnxiousKitten
Bio-oil. It's a bit pricey, but it works like a miracle. Also, our bodies change every seven years. Scars you have now may not even be noticeable by then. (:
HelpingHand315
Leting them fade out with time is probably the most well known way of doing it. i know it takes a lot of time, but it's usually the healtiest and sometimes the only way to do it.
becca2000
Bio-oil works quite well - just use it twice a day for around three months and you should see results. If you can't afford that (and I understand as it can be expensive) then any mosturiser or generic brand Bio-oil should be okay. Just keep in mind that nothing will get rid of your scars completely, and you may have to accept them. However, if you are really opposed to them or need to hide them for a certain reason then make-up (liquid and/or powder foundation) should help to cover them up.
SomebodyInACity
It's a simple answer with a difficult path to reach it: Don't self harm. Get help. If you're recovered from that habit, you can maybe get laser scar removal therapy, which will lighten them a bit.
Ametrine
Many self injury scars will fade naturally over time. Products like mederma and cocoa butter can be helpful in visibility reduction as well.
allnaturalHeart67
There really isn't a way, but there is a vitamin E that will fade. And there is an ointment that will help more
Anonymous
You could always try and cover them. Try a healing cream, like Sudocream. This will work after a while and will fade away the scars eventually.