How to help a friend with suicidal thoughts?

Constance Durham, LMFT

I am quite compassionate about the work that I do with my clients to help them regain their self-wareness and get through the challenges that keep them from being their best!

hopefulParadise73
Listen to what is bothering him or her.Suggest to seek professional help.Try to be understanding and helpful.
Anonymous
Try to be there for them and listen to them. Maybe also try to distract them from suicidal thoughts and let them have a good time. If you think they could kill themselves call 911
Anonymous
Try to put yourself in their shoes and know they are in a dark place. Provide support and most importantly just be there as someone who listens and who they can trust. Do not try to fix them and constantly remind them you are proud of how far they have come! Remind them of all the things they have achieved, what they have to looked forward to and how much they are loved. Also remind them there will come a time when they won’t feel this way whether it is in days, months or years but no matter what you will always be there