Hi, It seems like you're going through difficult times right now, because you feel very lonely and don't have a solution to adress it without hurting yourself, right ?
Well, first of all, hurting yourself can feel like a way of relieving some stress, anger etc, but clearly it's not a solution :/ When we hurt ourselves, we can also take great risks and kill ourselves by accident.
So, that's not an option, right ?
I guess that by wanting to hurt yourself, there are some thoughts that turn in your head, telling yourself that you deserve it, that no one can and will like you etc..? :/ Well, no one deserve sadness, loneliness etc. You're lovable, you're valuable, and chances are that you'll not stay in this situation forever.
First, I'd say that coming hear to talk about it can be a first great step.. so is to find a therapist with whom you'll be able to talk it out and work on your troubles with making friends.
Some people have more social difficulties than others, and maybe it's your case. Good news is that, well, you're alive, which means you can definitely learn :) Learn about social interactions, but also about your own way of functionning.
An idea could also be to take care of yourself, and find a non-harmful way of expressing your feelings. Hurting oneself, by cutting, punching walls etc often means that you have things that wanna come out, but you don't know how except with self-directed violence.
Non-harmfuls ways of doing so could be :
- practicing sport (like martial arts, it seems like a great tension relief in the beginning but it teach one to find peace, serenity and non-violence^^, or running etc, something to exhaust you physically and use your energy in a positive way^^)
- using an artistic media (like painting, drawing, writing, singing, acting etc) to express your feelings.
- writing in a diary (lots of great tips to have a diary in the website of duffthepsych, a professional therapist that focus on depression and anxiety but talk a lot about mental health.)
- considering meditation or yoga : they both are ways to learn how to take some time for yourself, practice self-love and kindness, adress stress and anxiety etc. :)
- engaging in some projects that are important for you, doing things you like.
Some of the ideas I wrote are also ways of interacting socially. In other words : ways to meet new people around things you have in common. It's far easier to connect with people you share interests with :)
I hope that gives you some ideas, and feel free to contact me on 7cups if you're willing to talk, ok ?