Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is there a clinic for people that self harm, and how do I find it?

9 Answers
Last Updated: 12/05/2017 at 2:40am
1 Tip to Feel Better
United States
Moderated by

Andrea McDonald, MSW, LICSW

Clinical Social Work/Therapist

It is important to know that you are not alone, life can be difficult I am here to help you navigate and resolve issues that can feel overwhelming.

Top Rated Answers
January 23rd, 2015 9:38am
not specifically for self harm but you can have a chat with your doctor if you are wanting help. they have the resources to get you referrals to the right places
February 19th, 2015 5:12pm
Yes there is. You may check around your town or speak to your doctor, they will be able to diagnose you and maybe help you with some group therapy or one on one.
March 15th, 2015 1:59pm
There are a few resources available for people who self-harm. S.A.F.E. Alternatives (Self-Abuse Finally Ends, is a treatment center specifically focusing on self-injurious behaviors. Mercy Ministries ( is a treatment center for girls/women with a variety of challenges ranging from depression to eating disorders. This is a religion/faith-based treatment program and is not for everyone. Clinics and practitioners who work with DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) work with self-harm. DBT was originally developed for treating borderline personality disorder (BPD) but has since been found to be a successful treatment for a wide range of emotional and behavioral challenges, including self-harm.
April 2nd, 2015 2:25pm
Yes, I have been to one. AKA a Mental Hospital. Just keep reminding yourself that YOU have to try to get better before anybody else can help. I went to Belmont Pines in Ohio. It was terrible.
September 11th, 2015 5:19am
Yes their is but it all depends on what country u live in try googling a clinic for self harm in your area.
January 25th, 2016 7:48am
There are hospitals for people that suffer from self-harming behaviour It is really easy to find them. Just look it up on the internet. It will probably tell you where you can find some in your region. If you're still not sure you can ask a doctor about it..
June 21st, 2016 8:09pm
There is a program called SAFE Alternatives who deals with self-harm. They have been around for quite a while. The have inpatient and outpatient programs and their website is As with any program, you would need to see if they are appropriate for you or for your children. They may give referrals from out of their areas for therapists who have gone through their training.
September 12th, 2016 3:36pm
Try finding a psychiatrist around your area. I'm sure they can help you with your problem. :) Hang in there
December 5th, 2017 2:40am
Actually it is quite possible to heal it with professional help without clinics, what i recommend is that before going for clinics, you could talk to a therapist about it first.