What should I do when self harm doesn't work anymore?

Katherine Aucoin, Transpersonal Counselling Psychology

I offer you compassion and support on your unique journey. I look forward to working with you to heal your emotional wounds to find more freedom and joy.

Anonymous
Self-Harm alone can be really hard to deal with. While short term it can give the release and numbing release you need long term sometimes the problem can become bigger without us meaning for it to do so. Self-Harm can be a really hard thing to deal with when it's not working how you are looking for it to that can be challenging. Why not try some coping techniques? Things such as ice and elastic bands can be helpful for getting a numbing release and things such as going out with friends, going to the movies or perhaps even art work are some things that can be good as distractions for self-harm. On 7 cups we have a self-harm recovery sub-community - feel free to pop by everyone is welcomed! Whatever you are going through please know there are people here to help, whether that be a listener on 7 cups, a friend or family member, a doctor or a therapist we are all here to help you! Take care!
electricIceCream97
Speak to a professional, a teacher, a parent, anyone you think might be able to help you in tough situations like this!
sunshineBreeze69
You should find a positive coping skill that works for you. Talk to someone you trust and ask them what they do when they start to feel numb.