How can you healthily learn to live along side someone who sexually assaulted you if you have no way of not getting them out of your life anytime soon?

Danielle Gonzales, PsyD

Hello! My name is Dani, I am a Psychologist and registered Psych Assistant. I have a passion for helping a different types of clients from all diverse backgrounds!

KristinaJ86
It can be difficult to live with someone who has hurt you in this way. If you are unable to move into your own place, the main thing would be to ensure your safety. Some people find it easier to be able to stay at a friends home on occasion or when you think that your partner will most likely assault you. Removing yourself from the situation would be the most positive outcome. However, if you are unable to do this, letting others know what is going on and finding a safe place would be your best option. Hope this helps! If you need to speak with a professional or any one of the Listeners here at 7 Cups, we would be very happy to assist you in dealing with the complexities of this situation.