Are there any ways I can energize myself in the morning after a restless night?

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

Anonymous
Of course! There are so many ways. You can quite simply take a refreshing shower, or go for a run, listen to soothing music! Do something nice for someone!
Mie
I can recommend you trying yoga or some other physical exercises. Yes, that may sound silly, doing exercises when you're after a restless night. But some simple stretching and basic yoga poses will help your blood circulating better and energize you a bit. Also, drink a big glass of water just after you wake up. It really helps!
Anonymous
I personally do Yoga to recharge. I also have sleep problems and yoga helps me a lot. I also drink a lot of tea and like to put some bright and fun music to wake up. Sometimes we just need to pop out of bed and do our best, but it does not mean these things won't help. Give them a try! :D
LilyFlowers
A simple way you can energize yourself is by drinking 8-12oz of water when you first wake up. They say it's more effective than coffee. That and also make sure your really breathing in the morning. Breathing and water energize the body. Simple, yet key.
TWKeyboard2
When you're tired, your brain isn't as good as making decisions. So if you're heading out for your day after a poor night's sleep, one of the best things you can do is make a plan of attack. If you list out all of the things you need to get done that day, and in what order, you can increase your productivity. That way, during the day, instead of being bogged down in decision-making and prioritizing, you can just attack the must-do items on your to-do list, and hopefully get home with plenty of time for a good night's sleep. :)
Anonymous
Try to wake up by eating something healthy and moving around quite a bit. Getting yourself moving and going is a good way to wake up. Don't waste your time on energy drinks or coffee. They aren't a healthy or effective way of energizing yourself.
fruityflamingo
You could try doing some stretches, doing a mindfulness meditation, going for a quick walk or run (Or any exercise) or try having a fulfilling breakfast .
Anonymous
- Get up earlier than usual, but still remain in bed - Have a filling breakfast - Find something to occupy your time
Anonymous
you could have a shower , that usually wakes me up. or if thats not enough i do some exercising and drink a coffee to boast my energy.
Anonymous
Ofcourse! Try not to drink caffeine but rather have a smoothie full of fresh fruit, have a bath or take a shower, find some fresh air and breathe, find something that works for you! try to relax and take it easy :)